Phone screens goes black during call after update to Android 10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Updated to Android 10 yesterday. Ever since then, when I take an incoming call, the phone screen immediately goes black. Nothing else has changed, except update to 10. I can turn it back on by pressing the power button twice, but then it goes black again.

Tried to trouble shoot with Google this morning. Went as far as booting into safe mode, but when we did that I had no phone service so he couldn't call me and see if that fixed it. No solution. Was then connected to Verizon support and they wanted to go through that all again, with the end result being a factory reset. If that didn't fix it, they would send a replacement. Ran out of time and patience at this point and said I'd get back to them.

For now I'll live with it. Hope someone here has some insight into what might be wrong. It's obviously something in Android 10 that caused this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- this doesn't have anything to do with the proximity sensor? It goes black even when it's not up against your ear? Do you have a screen protector installed?