Got a new Samsung A50. Put a thicker end of a paperclip into the top thinking it was the sim slot.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Got a new Samsung A50. Put a thicker end of a paperclip into the top thinking it was the sim slot. Did i do any damage. What is the top little hole if the sim is on the left side Thanks. I need to put my worries at ease.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That's usually a microphone. Did you not see there was no outline for the "tray"?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Matthew Fortunato

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
Lol yes I was rushing to leave some place and my old phone had it on the top. I think it's ok. I tried the speaker phone and it works fine. Thank you for letting me know it was a mic. The phone feels so nice for the price.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Another thing, which works in your defence, is that some SIM trays are so close-fitting that the outline can be undetectable without close scrutiny.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The secondary mic is also used for speakerphone, as well as stereo audio for video recording. Try calling someone on speakerphone -- can they hear you ok?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08