I want my last cleaning app back. It just disappeared.
    09-10-2019 06:20 PM
    Without knowing what phone you have, we don't know what cleaning apps might have been there by default. Without knowing what cleaning app you had, we can't really help but I WILL say this - those are sometimes more detrimental than helpful.

Can you get us some more detail about what you want to do and what device you're working with?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    09-10-2019 06:57 PM
    You may be better off without it, but without knowing which one, it's difficult to judge. Google's Files app, available in the play Store, is good for removing files which are no longer needed. It lets the user decide which ones to remove. https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-10-2019 06:58 PM
    If you're talking about an app that "cleans" the phone, not only shouldn't you have one but if you do, uninstall it.

Android doesn't need "cleaning". If you use it properly (always use the Back button to close an app when you're finished using it, never just hit the Home button [that just runs the launcher - your homepage - the app you were running is still running]) you don't even need to clear caches - apps clear their own caches when you exit them.

"Cleaning" apps are just the way some Chinese companies get spyware on your phone. The "cleaner" is sending all your contacts, all your email addresses, all your keypresses, all your web addresses - and all your passwords - to a server in China. (Which is why you see many of them disappear from Play after a while - when Google catches them, they remove the app.)

Even the concept of "cleaning" RAM is the opposite of how Android is designed. Unlike Windows, which wants as much free RAM as possible, in Android unused RAM is wasted RAM. For instance, if you make or receive 10 phone calls a day, if the phone app is cleaned out after every call, it has to be loaded from storage 10 times, which costs time and battery. If it remains in RAM after you finish the first call, it only has to be loaded once. So it appears to start faster, and it saves the power needed to load it.
    09-11-2019 03:18 PM