Visual voicemail deactivated on Verizon Pixel since Android 10 update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My voicemail is working fine but visual voicemail is deactivated. I worked extensively with Verizon support twice today and they cannot find a solution (reset network settings twice, numerous restarts, etc) All looks normal on their end. The feature has always worked fine until today when I had to dial into my vm to retrieve a message. I don't recall if i had any voicemails the last several days but I did upgrade to Android 10 about 5 days ago (and i started experiencing the 45 second call delays attributed to the My Verizon app). Verizon thinks this is a Google problem and they may be right. Anyone else? My visual voicemail option is turned on and it just says it is loading. The voicemail page says it's deactivated and to call customer support to enable.

mcrox4

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
There's no search bar in phone settings, only a list to choose what settings to change. The voicemail setting only has turn on or off. I just installed all updates to phone app but no change.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There's no search bar in phone settings, only a list to choose what settings to change. The voicemail setting only has turn on or off. I just installed all updates to phone app but no change.
Ok then go to apps in phone settings and scroll down until you see voice mail and try clearing there .

mcrox4

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Not finding any separate settings for voicemail and neither was support. When i open phone i have search at top but that is for contacts and locations. Voicemail does not return anything. In the phone menu I select settings and i get a list..."display options, sounds, quick responses, calls, blocked numbers, voicemail (to turn on or off), accessibility, etc. There is no search function and there is no app listing. I understood it was all within the phone app and clearing that data was the most we could do.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not finding any separate settings for voicemail and neither was support. When i open phone i have search at top but that is for contacts and locations. Voicemail does not return anything. In the phone menu I select settings and i get a list..."display options, sounds, quick responses, calls, blocked numbers, voicemail (to turn on or off), accessibility, etc. There is no search function and there is no app listing. I understood it was all within the phone app and clearing that data was the most we could do.
I'm sorry misunderstood...go into settings where you can check software updates should be a search bar

mcrox4

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes, in the app drawer, the 3 dots bring up search option. No voicemail or visual, only link to a Google search. I'm thinking there's no access to it on this thing. Tech support was looking too.

mcrox4

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
I also found couple older messages on other forums that described this exact thing on Pixel with possible solutions but no fix. Thanks for help, I'll keep looking into some way to clear vm.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I also found couple older messages on other forums that described this exact thing on Pixel with possible solutions but no fix. Thanks for help, I'll keep looking into some way to clear vm.
Ok , your welcome
Also take your sim out and then insert again see what happens or try restarting the phone without sim then put it back in .

mcrox4

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Visual Voicemail fixed. It was Verizon programming but I had to reach top tier support to remedy. I neglected to mention that I am Verizon prepaid. I was told by the Verizon store and the first two support reps that it didn't matter as visual voicemail is provided to iphone and Pixel phones on prepaid (other phones don't qualify). However, the top tier support said only iphones get the feature on prepaid. I explained that was not what I was told plus it has been working all along until a few days ago. All he said was that he'd go ahead and make it work for me. I'm not sure why it stopped but I suspect the Android 10 upgrade triggered it. This might also explain why a friend with same Verizon Pixel upgraded to Android 10 and visual voicemail worked; they are not prepaid.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Visual Voicemail fixed. It was Verizon programming but I had to reach top tier support to remedy. I neglected to mention that I am Verizon prepaid. I was told by the Verizon store and the first two support reps that it didn't matter as visual voicemail is provided to iphone and Pixel phones on prepaid (other phones don't qualify). However, the top tier support said only iphones get the feature on prepaid. I explained that was not what I was told plus it has been working all along until a few days ago. All he said was that he'd go ahead and make it work for me. I'm not sure why it stopped but I suspect the Android 10 upgrade triggered it. This might also explain why a friend with same Verizon Pixel upgraded to Android 10 and visual voicemail worked; they are not prepaid.
That's great!
Thank you for posting back the fix .