I have unwanted photos that I have tried to delete. but it also comes up with unsupported file and unable to delete. I go into app. manager but there is no gallery app in my apps. Not sure why. I downloaded the gallery app again to see if that would work. The new gallery app in in app. Mgr. but not the original one Help
    09-12-2019 03:25 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-12-2019 03:45 PM
    Which phone, gallery app and cloud storage are you using?
    09-12-2019 03:46 PM
    The stock Gallery app is normally installed as a system app, so you can't see it in a file manager unless the phone is rooted.

As far as deleting photos, Gallery is an app, not a place. The photos aren't in Gallery, or in its folders. Gallery shows photos that are anywhere on the phone, unless they're in a folder that has a file named .nomedia in it. (It doesn't matter what's in the file, or even if it has 0 length - it's the name that does it.)

So you're going to have to go through the phone with your file manager and find those files, and delete them (if, once you find them, you're sure you want to).

A lot of apps that download pictures from the internet (like web browsers - you can't see it if it's not downloaded) fail to put a .nomedia file in their storage folder, so you see all the pictures. (Not all app "developers" are developers.)

But if the phone's not rooted, you may not be able to find the files. Try using an app like Google Photos and see if that can delete the ones you don't want.
    09-12-2019 04:53 PM