I need to make this absolutely clear. I DO NOT need a cache cleaner. I need an app that will clean either one app or a set number of apps and just their APP DATA. And just the app data.
    Tried out every major app out there from CCleaner, to Clean sweep. They do not clean APP Data. Hell, they barely do a decent job of cleaning cache. Tried Droid(something) I forget, but it needed root which was not an option.
    Thanks in advance
    09-13-2019 03:14 AM
    Members may be better able to respond if you say why you need to do that via an app rather than manually. Also, are you sure that data can be 'cleaned' - whatever you mean by that - without it clearing the cache at the same time? https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-13-2019 06:35 AM
    Go into your phone's settings, then to the application manager, select the app(s) in question, then tap "clear data."

A few things to keep in mind, though.:
    This resets the app completely, as if you just installed it.
    It also deletes the cache, which is part of the data.
    Any app you may find to do this will also delete the cache, as it uses this same function.

As @belodion said, knowing why you're trying to do this would be helpful, because I have a sneaking suspicion you're not actually wanting to completely reset your apps. That's not a common action at all, and is usually only done to fix a bug.
    09-13-2019 07:49 AM
    Cleaning the data will reset all your app's settings (for each app), passwords, possibly files you've saved with the app, fingerprints (which is data to Settings), your choices of ringtones, notification tone and alarm tones, etc.

It's faster if you back up all your installed apps, do a factory reset, then restore all the apps. App Backup & Restore does a nice mass backup and mass restore.
    09-13-2019 04:08 PM