[SOLVED] Lg l33l phone- lollipop 5.0.1- find my device no longer finds it

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This started this morning. I went to track my phone using Find My Device (google android or whatever it's called)

I get the map and it says "before you can use Find My Device, you must have an active android device".

I have no idea what is going wrong here. It finds my device on the same App that is on the device. Thanks.

Trac1

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy, Ok I signed up but I hope I did it right.

It doesn't show up when I go to Find My Device on the computer or iPad. I get the same thing, that I have to have an active device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't post a video -- do you mean the link on how to register?

Here's how to post an image: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. Make sure you're logged into your Android Central account first. If you're using the Android Central app, that might not let you attach a photo to a reply.

Have you actually lost this device, or are you just testing it? If you still have it in hand, then go to Settings>Accounts and make sure your Google account is still present and syncing properly.

Trac1

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
I registered. I'm on a Mac and can't post an image.

The device is my BF and we use the tracking daily when he gets sent to different job locations for work in case I have to meet him there. The device is not lost.

Far as I can see, it is still auto syncing.

it says "auto -sync data" and it is checked.

it also says "last synced at 1:13 pm". It is 2:44 here in New York. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so this device belongs to someone else -- is your Google account on that phone as well? Or are you logging into his Google account before using Find My Device?

Trac1

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
The phone belongs to me and my husband. Not sure why autocorrect changed it to BF. It is our google account that is linked to this phone. (I just purchased an Apple so mine is no longer linked to Google)

I log into the google account like I always have - so yes, I am logging in when going to Find My Device. This has worked flawlessly for years.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you ask your husband to check the phone? Tell him to go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and make sure Find My Device is there and checked on.

Trac1

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Yes, Find My Device is there and checked.

Android device is turned on

it's also signed into Google Account

it's connected to mobile/wifi

it's visible on Google Play

Location is turned on

Find My Device is turned on

::sorry for late reply: Could not access this website even with correct username/password. Oddly I just happen to be working on my Mac and noticed I was still signed in here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trac1

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
I'm curious because my nephews both have this same exact phone, theirs show up on FIND MY DEVICE.

Even my phone- same model but no longer using service- still shows up on FMD. I removed it from Google Play Visiblity so that stopped. (I have since purchased a newer phone)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could consider removing the account from the phone (in Settings>Accounts​), then adding it back again. Your data should all re-sync, but just in case, make sure your important data is backed up or synced somewhere.

Trac1

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Ok I removed the account , waited a few minutes, re- added it. Even restarted device. But, still not showing up.

Now it says "google Play services for instant apps has stopped". (I honestly know nothing about that because we strictly use these phones to text and call. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you can, open the Play Store, then Menu>Settings>Google Play Instant, and see if you can turn it off there. Instant Apps is a way to try an app out over the web before installing it on the phone.

Can you compare the version numbers for Google Play Services on this phone and the identical models that do work?

Trac1

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Ok I opened Google Play Store. But, in Menu- Settings, I do not see "google play instant". (I see Google Play Store, Google, Google Services".

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Sorry- like I said we only use these phones for calling/texting.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you're not actually in the Play Store app's settings. Open the Play Store app, tap Menu (the 3-line button at the upper left), then Settings, and see if there's an Instant Apps option there.

Trac1

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
I opened Google Play Store. Then I see all stuff for the store. In settings, I do not have three dots next to it, I know I'm doing something wrong. Could you be so kind to show me screenshots? I really never use these apps.... I feel like a fool. Thanks for all your time. I do appreciate it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo