Why is my alcatel phone still allowing developer options when i turned them off?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Purchased a used phone and activated strict mode on developer options yesterday. I then turned off developer options and it completely removed the tab in settings but was still flashing on screen so still active. So clicked build again to get it back. And when I looked it show strict mode off yet still is running despite that. Why? Also my Malwarebytes keeps turning it self off and deactivating accessibility option to enable real time protection and safe browsing! Is this phone hacked?!? Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try turning off Strict Mode Enabled, and then reboot the phone. Does it still show up?

What happens if you uninstall Malwarebytes? Granted, it's one of the more respectable antivirus apps for Android, but in general, you really don't need antivirus apps at all as long as you're using Google Play Protect and avoiding shady websites or app sources.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki