Why I'm unable to see the file I received with MMS?

Eveileb

Sep 16, 2019
Visit site
I've got MMS message with PDF file attached. I saw just text that the person sent but there were no file to download - next to the message it was saying that it's MMS.
I managed to open the file by sharing MMS to someone in other app and then it appeared but I'd like to be able to download then in the messages app. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I'm using Samsung Galaxy A50 with Android Pie

Eveileb

Sep 16, 2019
Visit site
The point is that I don't even see there is any file attached. It just says "MMS" next to it. I knew there is a file just from notification but that's it, it doesn't appear in message app itself

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Duplicate threads merged.

Does the message say "Tap to Download"? If so, that implies that there's a problem with your mobile data connection, since MMS requires mobile data (not voice signal or wi-fi).

Can you show us a screenshot of what you see, taking care to blot out any identifying information? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Eveileb

Sep 16, 2019
Visit site
Here you can see the message I'm talking about - there is information that it's an MMS but there is no "tap to download" button or anything (what I hid is the only the text from the person)

Attachments

• 5342.jpg
    5342.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 11

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, not sure about that. It might be a limitation of your SMS app. Can you try a different SMS app, like Google Messages or Textra, just to see if it works there?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Check the settings in messages for the circled item.
608194ac9246681036bfd2f87dfb250d.jpg

Eveileb

Sep 16, 2019
Visit site
I have auto retrieve checked
And tapping the message doesn't do anything
It works in the different message app but I prefer to use system one
Well, thanks all! It's not a big deal, just wanted to find out if there is any way to fix it