Support for Windows phone is ending and I don't want to give up my old phone just yet. Microsoft Lumia 435 android rom: Is it possible, would it require me to root first, would I retain full functionality or is it limited? Would I be able to use all Android apps like a regular Android phone/up to date play store etc.

Are there any other downsides? Hope someone can help me out, thank you in advance.

If there isn't a rom for my specific phone is it possible to use another one?
    09-16-2019 08:34 AM
    Ha! If only it were possible to run Android on a WP. Some clever people have tried it and a member on XDA managed to get Android to boot, but not much more than that if I recall right. When it can be made to work at all, you can expect many things not to work, such as WiFi, mobile data, camera, and in addition the general performance would be sluggish.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-16-2019 09:40 AM
    Ha! If only it were possible to run Android on a WP. Some clever people have tried it and a member on XDA managed to get Android to boot, but not much more than that if I recall right. When it can be made to work at all, you can expect many things not to work, such as WiFi, mobile data, camera, and in addition the general performance would be sluggish.
    That's a shame! The reason why I thought it might be p[ossible was due to seeing this:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/win...a-525-t3442630
    09-17-2019 04:17 PM
    Yes, I've looked into such things myself. The last time I did, a few months ago, there was certainly nothing available that could turn a WP into anything like an Android-running daily driver, and I suspect that there never will be.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-17-2019 06:51 PM
    Yes, I've looked into such things myself. The last time I did, a few months ago, there was certainly nothing available that could turn a WP into anything like an Android-running daily driver, and I suspect that there never will be.
    Thank you again for the advice. I tried posting a new topic but don't know why it didn't work.

1) Regarding generic unbranded smartphones available on ebay etc? I'm hoping you/someone can advise pls! I'm a very light user mostly for wsapp briefly every few days and sometimes maps/gps when walking (no gaming and occasionally watch youtube videos, use my landline for calls more often lol and my PC) so was hoping to find something £40-£50.
    [Link removed by mod]

There are others I'm looking at but they don't mention anything about the processor (sometimes it'll mention the number of cores but no name)? The specs seem way better than even xiaomi phones for the same money, I know there's gonna be no support updates etc. how important is that? Couldn't I just search for a custom ROM, try to upgrade to higher android version etc? Would it be difficult/impossible to find roms for an unbranded phone? Would running an antivirus scan like malwarebytes regularly not keep on top of any potential spyware/viruses etc? I've already ordered a refurbished xiaomi redmi 2 as a spare from China and is on it's way so could use the advice (it was cheap so I ordered without thinking doh!)

Also I've read that there's a possibility they could just be sneaky re-brands so potentially could be getting a xiaomi etc. phone for less?

2) I'm also considering paying a bit more if unbranded is a no-go. Xiaomi Redmi 7 3GB/32GB around £100 vs Xiaomi Mi Play 4GB/64GB if it's only £6 more?
    I like the extra ram and storage for only £6 more but the battery seems better on R7 and has a larger screen. Thank you in advance.
    09-18-2019 01:57 AM
    Your new thread is here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=977928

The link in it presumably caused problems. A Moderator has removed it, and also from your post above.
    Members, please use the linked thread if replying to the new topic.
    09-18-2019 06:26 AM
    Oh ok thanks. But what's your opinion on what I asked?
    09-18-2019 08:13 AM
    Oh ok thanks. But what's your opinion on what I asked?
    You have been asked to reply to your own thread and a link has been provided so please use that one
    09-18-2019 08:36 AM
    You have been asked to reply to your own thread and a link has been provided so please use that one
    Huh? you want me to reply to my own question? Nobody replied in that thread but I was just asking this helpful guy, I can reword it and post it in this thread if it's an issue?
    09-18-2019 03:09 PM
    ^ Members may post a 'bump' post up to once per 24h if their thread has drawn no responses, so in fact you can reply in your own thread, yes.
    The other thread is now active so let's leave it at that. Further posts in this thread, if any, should be about your WP/Android topic.
    09-18-2019 03:15 PM