Samsung Galaxy S10+ cannot use Google Messages Web interface, MySMS, or MightyText to send long SMS messages as phone automatically sends them as MMS and the web apps do not. Re-sending the message when it times out results in another send failure. No problem sending photos as the default to MMS in all of the Web apps. I don't see any setting to force long SMS to be MMS not split SMS. Is there a solution/work-around?
    09-20-2019 12:30 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-20-2019 12:38 PM
    09-20-2019 12:39 PM
    I created an account and have returned to my post here - I am deaf so SMS is the main purpose of having phone for communication. I'm a desk jockey, so getting immediate notifications on my desktop is important. Started with MightyText, then to MySMS, and lastly Google messages when it became available. I've had the S10+ about 5 weeks now. All three send photos and group messages just fine. None of them will send a lengthy SMS message as MMS. I've seen when I enter a lengthy message in the Samsung message app that once I pass the max SMS message size threshold, the message type designation changes to MMS. For the 3 browser apps above, all long messages were auto split into multiples and my old phones were just fine using Google messages. Tried Samsung flow doesn't like my wifi connections at work and when it does work, screen on my phone doesn't turn all the way off (just dims) - concerned about burn-in. It's just awkward as you are typing the message on your phone the only benefit is a bigger keyboard.
    09-20-2019 01:09 PM
    I created an account and have returned to my post here - I am deaf so SMS is the main purpose of having phone for communication. I'm a desk jockey, so getting immediate notifications on my desktop is important. Started with MightyText, then to MySMS, and lastly Google messages when it became available. I've had the S10+ about 5 weeks now. All three send photos and group messages just fine. None of them will send a lengthy SMS message as MMS. I've seen when I enter a lengthy message in the Samsung message app that once I pass the max SMS message size threshold, the message type designation changes to MMS. For the 3 browser apps above, all long messages were auto split into multiples and my old phones were just fine using Google messages. Tried Samsung flow doesn't like my wifi connections at work and when it does work, screen on my phone doesn't turn all the way off (just dims) - concerned about burn-in. It's just awkward as you are typing the message on your phone the only benefit is a bigger keyboard.
    Hi, welcome!
    Let's see if other members have a suggestion .
    09-20-2019 02:01 PM
    An SMS sent over the GSM network is limited to 160 characters by the carriers. This is a restriction due to the technology used. That cannot be changed. You are stuck with MMS for longer messages, sorry.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-20-2019 03:44 PM