Hi guys! My brother is willing to give me for free a samsung s8 plus that has a broken display. If i switch the display, is it worth it to swap it with my iphone se?
    09-22-2019 08:03 AM
    Hi guys! My brother is willing to give me for free a samsung s8 plus that has a broken display. If i switch the display, is it worth it to swap it with my iphone se?
    Its depends on the cost and why you want to give up the iphone
    09-22-2019 09:16 AM
    No.
    09-22-2019 10:42 AM
    Well, the cost for replacement is about 150€, and I just want to get a better phone. I get the S8+ for free and I get to keep my iPhone too, so I was just wondering if it is worth to switch the se with an S8+.
    09-22-2019 02:45 PM
    Welcome as a new member.

The SE is an outstandingly good phone. I have one, so can speak from experience, and many other users still speak highly of it. It performs well when compared to more recent iPhones and at some things is faster.
    The S8+ would not so much be better, as different.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-22-2019 04:28 PM
    Remember too that big phones are now the norm. Small, elegant, high-spec, high-performance phones - whether Apple or Android - are now rare, so, whatever you decide to do, keep that SE.
    09-22-2019 04:45 PM
    Well, the cost for replacement is about 150€, and I just want to get a better phone. I get the S8+ for free and I get to keep my iPhone too, so I was just wondering if it is worth to switch the se with an S8+.
    I don't think you'll gain anything but a different OS
    09-22-2019 05:04 PM
    I don't think you'll gain anything but a different OS
    -Bigger and superior display (AMOLED, sharper)
    -Better camera
    -Wireless and fast charging

Not too sure about whether the switch is worth it though.
    09-23-2019 11:58 AM
    What you will get is a totally different environment - you'll have to learn to use a phone all over again. An S8 isn't just an SE made by a different company. Android is about as different from iOS as swimming is from walking.
    09-23-2019 12:02 PM
    I agree with you all... I won’t be getting anything but a different OS, bigger and better screen and a slightly slower phone. But the main reason I want to swap them is the storage. My current iphone has 16GB of storage, while the Samsung has an 64GB of storage.
    09-23-2019 03:24 PM
    -Bigger and superior display (AMOLED, sharper)
    -Better camera
    -Wireless and fast charging

Not too sure about whether the switch is worth it though.
    Not sure about the better camera, but, unless the OP wants those features I'm not sure it's worth the aggravation of getting it fixed
    09-23-2019 04:32 PM
    I agree with you all... I won’t be getting anything but a different OS, bigger and better screen and a slightly slower phone. But the main reason I want to swap them is the storage. My current iphone has 16GB of storage, while the Samsung has an 64GB of storage.
    Well, storage would be a consideration. Have you looked at used phones on Swappa?
    09-23-2019 04:33 PM
    Yes, if more storage is important to you, it might be worth doing, but are you sure that whatever damaged the screen did not cause other, hidden damage?
    09-23-2019 04:48 PM
    Not sure about the better camera, but, unless the OP wants those features I'm not sure it's worth the aggravation of getting it fixed
    The camera on the S8 has faster autofocus, OIS and a wider aperture...should translate to better performance (most noticeable in low light). The SE’s camera is decent though.
    09-24-2019 11:20 AM
    Yes, if more storage is important to you, it might be worth doing, but are you sure that whatever damaged the screen did not cause other, hidden damage?
    I am 100% sure. It was my brother's phone.
    belodion likes this.
    09-30-2019 09:20 AM