If I took a picture at a restaurant, but not shared it, but my location was on, it will still tag me at that restaurant. But if I edited that same pic at at home, will the edited pic tag me at home?
    09-23-2019 02:48 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't believe so. The location is where you took the pic. You might be able to edit that with an EXIF editor, but I've never tried.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    09-23-2019 05:05 PM
    For your location info to be tagged in the EXIF data of an image, the phones GPS system needs to be turned on and the camera app needs to be set to record the location info.

Some photo editors keep the EXIF data intact, some editors remove some of the EXIF data, some editors remove all of it. Check the settings in your editor. No editor should be changing the location data to where you edited the photo.

After you save the edited image, view its EXIF data to see what is still there. If your picture viewing app does not show you the EXIF data, try "piktures" by Diune:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...diune.pictures
    09-23-2019 07:10 PM