Help with factory reset LG V30 Android 9.0 recovering data

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Somehow my pocket failed my passcode so my phone factory reset itself. Maybe there was a virus? All I know was I put my phone in my pocket like I always do during work and at lunch when I took out my phone it was on the welcome screen. I did manage to backup my phone couple days prior...but it was on my sd card that was set as external storage allowing me to remove it for the past two years. What would be the best way to recover it? I have tried photores which resulted in 1 Spotify txt. Tried recuva only found 140 misc files. Did dr fone which gave me 70 album artwork. Recoverit gave 203 misc files with some album art, r-studio gave me similar results, except included some .nls files. I have tried many more with similar results. I am running multiple of these data recoveries at the same time. Would that mess with the deep search? Any advice would be appreciated as I am going on my third day trying to get this back so I can use my phone again. It is a 256 sandisk microsd in exFAT if that helps, thank you

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for letting me know about creating an account
Hi, welcome!
Not a problem..

Using those application to restore data , I wouldn't know , never tried that way as I had Google photos and back up.
That alone if you sync to them should recover most of your stuff from the cloud .

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, LG hides the memos in a protected folder you cannot get to. If you did not previously "export" the memos so that you could manually back them up, they are most likely gone.

This is one reason a switched to Google Notes. That and I can edit from the computer and sync to the phone and back.