How to make Bluetooth phone calling device use one phone to call, not the other

MaineGal

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy A50 phone for my personal cell phone and an iPhone for my work phone. I bought a Bluetooth device that will let me answer calls handsfree for both phones and that works fine. BUT...the device is naming my work phone "Phone 1" and it wants to make outgoing calls through that phone. I want outgoing calls to go on Phone 2 which is the Galaxy A50. I called the maker of the device, Nulaxy, to ask how to change this and they said I cannot. I contacted Samsung and they said I could start by going into the Bluetooth App and deleting all the Data in the Storage system. The warning tells me I will permanently delete files and other things. Are those things that may cause a problem if I delete them? Does anyone have an answer on how to make The Nulaxy refer to the A50 as Phone 1? I have tried Forget This Device on the iPhone and I tried Unpair on the A50 and then repairing, etc., but that did not work. Thank you.

MaineGal

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I am a member here but forgot to sign in. Should I delete my original post and rewrite it under my name here? Galactic Zoo...you would THINK that would be the case, but I am thinking they also may not want to go through the steps to help me solve it. I just FEEL there is a solution. You would think the FIRST phone I connected would be called Phone 1 and the second phone 1 connected would be phone 2, but that is not what happened. It isn't a MAJOR issue. I can turn off my work phone's connection to Bluetooth when I want to make a phone call handsfree (in Maine, where you can no longer hold a cellphone in the vehicle) but that would mean I need to pull over to turn it off since I cannot legally touch the phone except for one swipe or one tap.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am a member here but forgot to sign in. Should I delete my original post and rewrite it under my name here? Galactic Zoo...you would THINK that would be the case, but I am thinking they also may not want to go through the steps to help me solve it. I just FEEL there is a solution. You would think the FIRST phone I connected would be called Phone 1 and the second phone 1 connected would be phone 2, but that is not what happened. It isn't a MAJOR issue. I can turn off my work phone's connection to Bluetooth when I want to make a phone call handsfree (in Maine, where you can no longer hold a cellphone in the vehicle) but that would mean I need to pull over to turn it off since I cannot legally touch the phone except for one swipe or one tap.
What I would do with multiple devices to one Bluetooth head set unpair the others until you use that device and just pair to the device you using at the moment.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Clearing the cache and data for the Bluetooth app will not delete any important files that you might have saved.

Try doing that, and then first re-pair the Bluetooth device to your primary phone, and after that, re-pair the device to your secondary phone. Now see if it defaults to the primary phone that you prefer.

MaineGal

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, mustang 7757, but I cannot do that. I have to have one phone available for family members to call me and the other phone available for bosses, clients, coworkers to call me. So both phones need to be on and when I am in the car, they will both need to be on Bluetooth so I can answer by just one tap on the Nulaxy device.

And B. Diddy...I did decide to go ahead and delete the data for the Bluetooth app and then started over and that still did not resolve it. It seems to me that it just should not be this hard to resolve. Darn.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, mustang 7757, but I cannot do that. I have to have one phone available for family members to call me and the other phone available for bosses, clients, coworkers to call me. So both phones need to be on and when I am in the car, they will both need to be on Bluetooth so I can answer by just one tap on the Nulaxy device.

And B. Diddy...I did decide to go ahead and delete the data for the Bluetooth app and then started over and that still did not resolve it. It seems to me that it just should not be this hard to resolve. Darn.
Gotcha, understand

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Delete all pairing data - from both phones. Restart both phones. Turn the headset off, then turn it on. Pair the headset with the A50. That should make all your calls on the A50. Then pair it to the iPhone. That should appear as Phone 2, but the outgoing calls should still go to the A50.

MaineGal

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Oh, Rukbat, I was so hoping your answer would do the trick! I thought maybe turning the phones on and off was the one step I had not done. But no. This device is insisting on calling the iPhone "Phone 1" even though I made it "Forget This Device" and shut the phone off and then on and then paired it AFTER I paired my A50. Right off the bat it called my A50 "Phone 2" and it called the iPhone "Phone 1." Maybe it has a built-it "preference" for Apple phones. If so, shame on it! Darn it all.

Oh, and by the way...I see I wrote that I had called Nulaxy about this. I only emailed them and they emailed me back. I have tried to find a phone number for them with no luck.