I've accidentally deleted all the videos on my phone and tried a dozen different solutions to try to get them back, but to no avail. Either they find nothing or only some. My phone is not rooted however, but even if it is rooted, would it be possible to get all my files back?
    Potato Guru likes this.
    09-25-2019 08:59 AM
    It is sometimes possible with the appropriate software tools, provided that the files have not been overwritten by further use of the phone.
    Potato Guru likes this.
    09-25-2019 09:02 AM
    Hey bro! The answer is no rather than yes since most programs for recording video do not contain the backup file function. There is another option to check the synchronization of your data on your device with the cloud, suddenly something was lying there.
    I hope I helped you
    09-25-2019 09:33 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-25-2019 09:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! See this guide: [Guide] Recovering Deleted Files - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. Assuming the videos were saved to Internal Storage, you do have to root the phone for this to work.

Did you have Google Photos backup on? If so, those videos probably would've been automatically backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud. On your computer browser, go to photos.google.com and see if the videos are there. Consider using this option to avoid similar mishaps in the future.
    09-25-2019 12:09 PM
    As for recovering deleted files, the phone has to be rooted. (The part of storage needed to find them can't be accessed without root elevation.) But rooting the phone could overwrite one or more of the videos you're trying to recover. That's why you should always have everything important backed up off the phone.)

Recovering from an SD card is different. There's a free (don't ask me why - Christophe could probably get $1,000 for the program from each user) program that can do that on a laptop or desktop. It can recover files from the drives too.
    09-29-2019 03:02 PM