My free adblocker browser needs to be updated on my Galaxy A10e andriod but I don't know how to do that. I checked application manager but nothing about updating and browser doesn't show a way to update? There's not even a help option! I tried to find it in the galaxy store but I don't see it for some reason.
    09-25-2019 09:15 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Potato Guru likes this.
    09-25-2019 09:16 AM
    Hey bro!
    Can you clarify which adblocker you use because applications are different and they also have different reasons for malfunctioning! Waiting for your reply!
    09-25-2019 09:25 AM
    mustang7757, I think I'm logged in now and I wasn't before. Lol. Let me know if I'm still not. Potato Guru, it's a Free Adblocker Browser 64.0.3282.156. OS is Andriod 9.0.0; SM-A102U Build PPR1.180610.011
    09-25-2019 09:36 AM
    mustang7757, I think I'm logged in now and I wasn't before. Lol. Let me know if I'm still not. Potato Guru, it's a Free Adblocker Browser 64.0.3282.156. OS is Andriod 9.0.0; SM-A102U Build PPR1.180610.011
    Hi, welcome!
    The Samsung Browser has the ability for ad blocking
    Yes your sign in , welcome back
    09-25-2019 09:50 AM
    Look, is the Galaxy Store a Play Store (Play Market)? If not, then try to find this application in the Play Store and reinstall it. If all that was listed above did not help, then go to your browser and find this latest version application. After you find this application on the Internet, delete the old one and install the new one. If everything remains unchanged, then the problem may not be in the application itself, but on the phone, or rather, the application is not yet combined with this version of the phone.
    09-25-2019 10:15 AM
    How do I turn on the ad blocking in the Samsung Browser? The Galaxy Store is a Play Store. Same thing. I did install the free ad blocker and couldn't find a way to update it. That's why I'm here. I did go ahead and reinstall the app just so I can make sure I have the latest update. Now I'd like to know how to update it without having to uninstall and reinstall it unless I figure out a way to block ads within the Samsung Browser like mustang said.
    09-25-2019 12:07 PM
    How do I turn on the ad blocking in the Samsung Browser? The Galaxy Store is a Play Store. Same thing. I did install the free ad blocker and couldn't find a way to update it. That's why I'm here. I did go ahead and reinstall the app just so I can make sure I have the latest update. Now I'd like to know how to update it without having to uninstall and reinstall it unless I figure out a way to block ads within the Samsung Browser like mustang said.
    Go to settings in the Samsung browser it will pop up
    09-25-2019 12:14 PM
    I installed an ad blocker in the Samsung Browser and it's still not blocking ads. I was doing better with the free ad blocker, that did block all ads. So I still need to find out how to update it.
    09-28-2019 09:41 AM
    And yes, the adblocker within the Samsung Browser was enabled and turned on.
    09-28-2019 09:43 AM
    And yes, the adblocker within the Samsung Browser was enabled and turned on.
    How about long press , then info tap, scroll to storage and clear data,cache and force stop it
    09-28-2019 10:57 AM
    Ok I did that and the ads definitely decreased. However, I still got a pop up website that showed up and it was easy to get rid of. Strange because when I go to the website on my computer, the pop up website (or ad) disappear automatically on its own because I have adblock plus installed on firefeox (again on my desktop). I also have adblock plus installed on my phone and I still had to hit the x to get rid of the pop up website. Wonder why it's different on my phone? I'm trying to figure out a way to get to settings for adblock plus within the Samsung Browser but I'm not seeing a way. I just see a way to settings within the Samsung browser. Oh and the option to block pop up ads is enabled but they still showed up.
    09-29-2019 10:33 AM
    Ok I did that and the ads definitely decreased. However, I still got a pop up website that showed up and it was easy to get rid of. Strange because when I go to the website on my computer, the pop up website (or ad) disappear automatically on its own because I have adblock plus installed on firefeox (again on my desktop). I also have adblock plus installed on my phone and I still had to hit the x to get rid of the pop up website. Wonder why it's different on my phone? I'm trying to figure out a way to get to settings for adblock plus within the Samsung Browser but I'm not seeing a way. I just see a way to settings within the Samsung browser. Oh and the option to block pop up ads is enabled but they still showed up.
    Have you gone into settings , sites and download...go to manage websites clear in there , then go to notifications and choose which to allow and block .How do you upddate free adblocker browser on your Galaxy A10e?-screenshot_20190929-104424_samsung-20internet.jpeg
    09-29-2019 10:47 AM
    Wow that did it! I don't know how long that fix will last but at least I know what to do if this keeps happening. When I tried to allow or block under notifications, I couldn't because all it said was "no notifications." So by notifications, they actually mean those annoying ads or websites that pop up?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-29-2019 01:46 PM
    Wow that did it! I don't know how long that fix will last but at least I know what to do if this keeps happening. When I tried to allow or block under notifications, I couldn't because all it said was "no notifications." So by notifications, they actually mean those annoying ads or websites that pop up?
    Thsts great
    Well hopefully stays that way , or you know what to do next time it happens.
    09-29-2019 01:54 PM
    Adblock Plus uses known filter lists - which update regularly. You don't update ABP to get them (you can, you don't have to). (If you have ABP installid in Firefox on your phone, it should be acting about the same way as it is on your desktop - it should be using the same lists.)
    09-29-2019 02:57 PM
    Adblock Plus uses known filter lists - which update regularly. You don't update ABP to get them (you can, you don't have to). (If you have ABP installid in Firefox on your phone, it should be acting about the same way as it is on your desktop - it should be using the same lists.)
    Ok this forum sure looks different. Updated look? I like it.

Anyway, on my phone, I just use the Samsung internet that came with the phone, not firefox or chrome. I haven't installed any browsers.
    09-29-2019 06:25 PM