Hi -
    I have an old Galaxy S9+ and Galaxy S10+ phone I'm trying to sell.

To my understanding, both have native encryption that can't be disabled. SO should simply doing a factory reset be enough to securely wipe all data to the point it can't under any circumstances be recovered?

In the past on older Android phones I've owned, I always had to manually set to encrypt the phone.

Just making sure simply doing a factory reset on my old S9+ and my S10+ will be enough to protect myself from any data that could be recovered
    09-26-2019 10:20 AM
    Yes, doing a factory reset effectively wipes all data from the device.
    09-26-2019 12:09 PM
    I normally reflash the ROM, just to be sure. (See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.)
    09-26-2019 01:30 PM
    A factory reset will protect your data, but you also should be aware of Factory Reset Protection.

Without going into all the details, it's recommended that you first sign out of all Google accounts on the phone via the main settings menu before factory resetting. If you don't, and the reset isn't performed right (either by an improper reset, or even a glitch during the process), the buyer won't be able to use the phone without entering your prior login info. After you reset, it also wouldn't be a bad idea to run through the setup process yourself to make sure it doesn't ask for the prior Google login. If you are able to finish the setup without being required to do that, and get to the home screen, you're good to go and can reset it again so it's ready for the buyer.

If something doesn't go right and FRP is left enabled because you weren't signed out, then you're in for a lot of headache with the buyer unable to use the phone.
    09-26-2019 05:28 PM
    Thank you all for your responses.

The ROM thing seems a little too complicated for me. Is it really necessary? If so, then I'll figure it out.

Otherwise, I was aware of logging out of Google accounts prior to doing the factory reset, and was going to walk through the setup prompts to get to the home screen.

Just want to be sure there's no way to recover my data after the factory reset
    09-26-2019 05:58 PM
    Thank you all for your responses.

The ROM thing seems a little too complicated for me. Is it really necessary? If so, then I'll figure it out.

Otherwise, I was aware of logging out of Google accounts prior to doing the factory reset, and was going to walk through the setup prompts to get to the home screen.

Just want to be sure there's no way to recover my data after the factory reset
    No you don't have reflash the ROM , best method is going into settings and factory reset there .
    09-26-2019 06:02 PM