How do I get access to the sound notification when calls are received?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My new MiNote 7 with Android 9 has stopped 'ringing' when calls are received. I get vibration and light flashing but if I am not looking at the phone I do not know if someone is trying to call. Sound is on and turned up. I cannot find any obvious incorrect setting EXCEPT this may be part of a much wider problem. For many of my apps etc ACCESSIBILITY is not ACCESIBLE.

When I try to give access in the Accessibility Menu by clicking the on/off trigger I am taken to another 'service will be performed' window but on clicking OK a message flashes on (too) briefly about apps blocking a permission dialogue and to drag them away or close the app. I don't know what this means, it is incomprehensible to me as there is no blocking app present. Ironically, as well as this happening with numerous apps / settings etc it also happens when trying to access the Accessibility Menu itself! --- a sort of Catch 22 situation?

I expect I am failing to grasp something basic but need advice on how to escape from this before I go bananas.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, have you made sure that all volume sliders are turned up? It's possible for Media sound to be on but Ringtone sound to be off.

Second, have you tried changing the ringtone? When you do that, does the phone play a sample of the ringtone for you when you select it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12