Iv'e had my A7 for about 3 1/2 years. A couple of weeks ago it started beeping randomly from time to time and there are no on screen notifications. The sound is nothing like any notification sound I have set for any app / email address. It can happen when charging or not charging - so nothing to do with the battery status. It happens when on airplane mode as well as on normal usage (radios on). Just short BEEP-BEEP at a time.
    I searched for answers and followed instructions such as turning notifications off, NFC off (never used NFC, so I even turned it ON and OFF just in case). It happens at home and outside where there are no devices whatsoever around me.
    Any idea what it might be? Anyone else have this problem?
    09-27-2019 06:24 AM
    Go to Settings, notifications, and see if the beeping is a logged notification, which will have the associated application.
    Good luck
    09-27-2019 07:15 AM
    I checked off all notifications and set on only the ones relevant to me such as gmail, whatsapp and so on. Hot to check for logged notification?
    Just to reinstate - it beeps even while on airplane mode and even while on a phone call...
    09-27-2019 09:08 AM
    I checked off all notifications and set on only the ones relevant to me such as gmail, whatsapp and so on. Hot to check for logged notification?
    Just to reinstate - it beeps even while on airplane mode and even while on a phone call...
    Hi, welcome!
    You can download Nice Catch from Galaxy play store see if you can spot the notifications from there , also maybe if you have Samsung pay checking giving notification.
    09-27-2019 09:14 AM
    Hi.

Thanks for the reply. Nice Catch is not compatible with Android 7.0
    As for Samsung Pay - I never activated it, and in the settings it has: Notifications blocked, No permissions allowed
    09-27-2019 10:49 AM
    Hi.

Thanks for the reply. Nice Catch is not compatible with Android 7.0
    As for Samsung Pay - I never activated it, and in the settings it has: Notifications blocked, No permissions allowed
    Welcome, have you checked your web browser maybe from there a notification could be coming?
    09-27-2019 11:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it happen in Safe Mode as well? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/s...faq/safe-mode/
    09-27-2019 12:40 PM
    So - I put it on safe mode for about 2 hours, not 1 beep. I then returned to normal mode and so far nearly 7 hours no beeps... No idea what it was...
    09-28-2019 06:15 AM
    So - I put it on safe mode for about 2 hours, not 1 beep. I then returned to normal mode and so far nearly 7 hours no beeps... No idea what it was...
    Strange , see what happens!
    09-28-2019 09:34 AM