LG Stylo 4 says there are 267 apps on phone but there are only about 40 that I know about.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Device admins have all been deactivated. Not by me. Is this good or bad? Do I NEED admins? I dont know whats going on here. Lookout scans daily and it popped up that all 267 apps are safe and I was like..whaaaaaat?? 267???

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You're probably seeing that high of a number because Lookout is also reporting on system apps, which are normally not user accessible. Everything on the phone basically runs off an app. Your dialer, contacts, Android System, fonts, blocked phone numbers, and anything else you can think of are handled as an app. I wouldn't worry about seeing so many apps on your phone. That number alone is meaningless, and assuming that must mean something nefarious is going on will just lead to a constant unfounded state of paranoia.

Last edited:

Juliana Clark

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Mine said the exact same thing actually. 267 apps. I thought it was odd too. I have a screenshot. Maybe we have installed the exact same number of apps in addition to the pre-installed system apps. My phone's barely functional at this point. It's lagging constantly and slow charging and gets very hot. I uninstalled about 10 apps i wasn't using and deleted a very large number of photos, videos, and other large unnecessary files and was very careful not to bother any of the system apps or processes. It's still awful even after all the deleting. Would love any ideas for speeding it up or what might be wrong. I've ran the virus scanner apps and smart cleaning and all of that. Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mine said the exact same thing actually. 267 apps. I thought it was odd too. I have a screenshot. Maybe we have installed the exact same number of apps in addition to the pre-installed system apps. My phone's barely functional at tis point. It's lagging constantly and slow charging and gets very hot. I uninstalled about 10 apps i wasn't using and deleted a very large number of photos, videos, and other large unnecessary files and was very careful not to bother any of the system apps or processes. It's still awful even after all the deleting. Would love any ideas for speeding it up or what might be wrong. I've ran the virus scanner apps and smart cleaning and all of that. Please help!
Hi, Welcome !
First uninstall any antivirus or cleaning apps , then we can go from there.

Juliana Clark

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for your reply! I actually didn't install any of those, the Gadget Guardian and Smartclean apps both were previously installed alreadywhen I activated this phone. Should l/can I uninstall them?

Juliana Clark

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
There is an option to deactivate Lookout Security and Antivirus, which I'm assuming is the same as the Gadget Guardian because they have the same symbol. Not to uninstall, but to deactivate. The smart clean is part of the settings list. Not showing up as an app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There is an option to deactivate Lookout Security and Antivirus, which I'm assuming is the same as the Gadget Guardian because they have the same symbol. Not to uninstall, but to deactivate. The smart clean is part of the settings list. Not showing up as an app.
Ok , deactivate first then should show option to uninstall

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The number of apps installed has no effect on how slowly the phone runs or how hot it gets. The number of apps running does.

If you use the Home button when you're finished with an app, it's still running in the background. If you use the Back button, it shuts the app down. Running 10 or so apps at once can easily slow the phone down and cause it to get hot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood