My boyfriend logged into his Google account on my phone. All of his contacts saved to Google imported into my phone. This is mostly fine except his parents names have turned into mum and dad. This is really confusing because now I get text from two mums and dads and I can't tell which is which!

He signed out and the contacts have stayed.

He went into the Google settings on his account (on a different device) and removed my device. The contacts have statyed.

I deleted the Mum and Dad that are his parents so in my contacts I only have them under their actual names, but whenever I receive a text from either of them it still comes through as Mum/Dad.

Please help!
    09-29-2019 12:55 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-29-2019 12:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, then look for Contact Storage. Assuming all of your important contacts are synced to your Google account and no important contacts are saved to the local Phone account, then clear the app cache and data from Contact Storage (and do the same for the Contacts app as well, for good measure). Now open the Contacts app again and wait for it to sync with your Google account. Are all of his contacts gone now?
    09-29-2019 02:19 PM
    I'd go to Google Contacts with a browser first, to make sure that what's backed up is what should be. If not, fix it there first (with the phone in airplane mode). Then clear Contacts Storage, turn off airplane mode and it should sync to what's at the site.
    09-29-2019 04:44 PM