Hi guys, I have bought a brand new LG G7 and discovered that Google Pay is not working.

It tells me that the phone is rooted or has otherwise been altered, however it is brand new out of the box and not rooted.

After some searching I ran a Safety Net test which told me that the CTS profile matched failed.

Is this the problem and if so can it be fixed easily? Should I be concerned that a supposedly new phone out of the box is doing this? Should I just try to get a refund and get another phone?

Any assistance very much appreciated!
    09-30-2019 05:05 AM
    Are you 100% positive that was a brand new phone? That device was released 18 months ago and its successor was released 6 months ago. There are several root check apps in the Play Store, though I can't recommend any personally.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    09-30-2019 06:03 AM
    Thanks bery much for your reply. The phone was sold as a brand new device and appeared to arrive in it's original packaging. I raised the issue with the seller and they confirmed it was brand new.

The root checker apps said that it hadn't been rooted but it still isn't passing the SafetyNet test. I don't have much technical knowledge but I've seen it could be an unlocked bootloader?

No idea what this means and how I should approach it though...
    09-30-2019 07:56 AM
    If it's not passing Safety Net, it's either a used phone or a defective phone. If there are any laws about misrepresentation where you are, ask the seller how they're going to handle the return, don't even give them the option of not replacing the phone.

(An unlocked bootloader would mean that you can access the bootloader, which means that you can root the phone or flash a ROM [stock or custom] - and that's not definitely not "in new" condition. The bootloader cones locked on all phones, even those on which it's trivial to unlock it.)
    10-01-2019 01:20 PM
    What software Version is installed?
    10-01-2019 01:25 PM