Has anyone purchased a pixel 3 to use on visible network?

There are two options...

1) Unlocked

2) Verizon

3) Fi

I know visible uses Verizon, and it comes with a sim card... So, kinda confusing on what phone to pick, I'd rather buy from google store since, its cheaper.

Thanks!
    09-30-2019 04:28 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-30-2019 04:33 PM
    The Verizon version has a locked bootloader, the unlocked version doesn't. So you can't install TWRP on the Verizon version, you can't manually install updates if your IMEI happens to be at the end of the list (Google publishes the factory ROM and the update on the same day they start releasing it OTA). The unlocked version works on Fi, I don't know if the Verizon version does, but it should, since Verizon unlocks it.

Unless you'll be paying a lot more from Google, I'd buy the unlocked version (I own the unlocked Pixel 2). (Aside from giving you more options, it's worth more if you sell it, because it gives the buyer more options.)

And if you buy it directly from Google, you won't have any problems with customer service if you should need to call them.
    09-30-2019 04:49 PM
    The Verizon version has a locked bootloader, the unlocked version doesn't. So you can't install TWRP on the Verizon version, you can't manually install updates if your IMEI happens to be at the end of the list (Google publishes the factory ROM and the update on the same day they start releasing it OTA). The unlocked version works on Fi, I don't know if the Verizon version does, but it should, since Verizon unlocks it.

Unless you'll be paying a lot more from Google, I'd buy the unlocked version (I own the unlocked Pixel 2). (Aside from giving you more options, it's worth more if you sell it, because it gives the buyer more options.)

And if you buy it directly from Google, you won't have any problems with customer service if you should need to call them.
    Last year Verizon started locking their carrier versions for 60 days. I'm not sure if they are still doing that but they claimed it was to reduce theft.
    09-30-2019 05:25 PM
    Oh, they're SIM-unlocking within 24 hours if you use a Verizon SIM (60 days if you don't), but the booloader remains locked and not unlockable. And that's what you need to flash updates, custom ROMs and TWRP. (And root.)
    10-01-2019 12:40 PM