Hi all,
    I'm thinking of buying a second hand (ex-display) note 10 plus but it has had Knox 'removed' and I'm worried about what this means and whether it's possible to reinstall. Does this mean that apps like Samsung health and Samsung pay +and other banking apps won't work?
    I know what Knox is but can't find any info about what you can or can't use without it. I currently use my note 8 predominantly for work (banking apps and Dex are important for me).
    Could anyone please help me out with some info?
    Thanks so much for your time.
    10-01-2019 03:02 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-01-2019 03:44 PM
    Knox is a security platform on Samsung phones , you'll see it it secure folder, Samsung pass ect ..
    10-01-2019 03:45 PM
    If you reflash the ROM, you'll get Knox back.
    10-01-2019 04:06 PM
    If you reflash the ROM, you'll get Knox back.
    I hear conflicting stories on this with newer Samsung phones that even flashing stock firmware might not reset Knox , but can try it .
    10-01-2019 04:28 PM
    Thanks for your help with this. What wouldn't I have without Knox?
    10-01-2019 05:03 PM
    Thanks for your help with this. What wouldn't I have without Knox?
    Hi, welcome
    No secure folder, Samsung pass,Samsung pay , Samsung health
    10-01-2019 05:50 PM
    I hear conflicting stories on this with newer Samsung phones that even flashing stock firmware might not reset Knox , but can try it .
    You can't reset Knox - if it's void, a fuse has been blown so the only way to "fix" that is a new motherboard.

If you've removed Knox, reflashing the ROM will bring the firmware back.

Two separate things.
    10-02-2019 01:16 PM
    You can't reset Knox - if it's void, a fuse has been blown so the only way to "fix" that is a new motherboard.

If you've removed Knox, reflashing the ROM will bring the firmware back.

Two separate things.
    Remove Knox , how did they go about that ?
    Root? Also it depends what type of root you do that won't trip Knox and won't have issues flash back and knox counter being 0x0

Main thing if that Knox counter is Tripped 0x1 no those things won't work .
    10-02-2019 01:22 PM
    If you root the phone, you can uninstall the Knox apps the same way you can uninstall any other app. But then things like Samsung Pay stop working.

(I've always said that with root, you can tell the phone to remove everything and end up with a hand warmer, not a phone. Linux doesn't care that Android won't work if you remove certain files. If you tell it to start at storage root and remove all files recursively, all you're left with, on a Samsung phone, is Download mode [or Odin mode, as some people call it], if you're lucky. If you do it "right", even that gets wiped, and you can't flash another ROM, so unless it's a pretty new phone, it costs more to repair than to replace.)

Which is why some people just shouldn't root phones. (And why some people just can't run Linux without rooting.)
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-02-2019 01:35 PM
    If you root the phone, you can uninstall the Knox apps the same way you can uninstall any other app. But then things like Samsung Pay stop working.

(I've always said that with root, you can tell the phone to remove everything and end up with a hand warmer, not a phone. Linux doesn't care that Android won't work if you remove certain files. If you tell it to start at storage root and remove all files recursively, all you're left with, on a Samsung phone, is Download mode [or Odin mode, as some people call it], if you're lucky. If you do it "right", even that gets wiped, and you can't flash another ROM, so unless it's a pretty new phone, it costs more to repair than to replace.)

Which is why some people just shouldn't root phones. (And why some people just can't run Linux without rooting.)
    I agree there..
    10-02-2019 01:38 PM