I bought a new phone from the store, signed up with a new plan and a new phone number. The issue is if I'm on a site or apps and I'm filling out the form with my information, this new phone number will auto fill it for the previous owner. Has anyone else had this issue?
    10-01-2019 08:23 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-01-2019 09:03 PM
    Contact your carrier
    kct1975 likes this.
    10-01-2019 09:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That shouldn't happen. When you first set up the phone, did you have to go through the entire Setup Wizard, or did it start directly on the homescreen?
    10-02-2019 01:47 AM
    I bought a new phone from the store, signed up with a new plan and a new phone number. The issue is if I'm on a site or apps and I'm filling out the form with my information, this new phone number will auto fill it for the previous owner. Has anyone else had this issue?
    This is not right. Seems you may have the other persons SIM card which the carrier reassigned, neglecting that the sim stores other personal data. Get a new sim ,and change all logins which you accessed with the old.
    If you pull out the sim,you may be able to read it on your pc.
    Good luck
    10-02-2019 07:37 AM
    If this is happening in Chrome, try going into Chrome's settings, then to "addresses and more." Check what profiles may be in that list, and edit/delete as necessary. I'm not sure if this will work completely for your case, but I do know form fill profiles like that can be stored to your own Google account regardless of carrier settings.
    10-02-2019 10:32 AM
    Nothing to do with the SIM card, it's a used phone. (A new phone wouldn't have any information in it that you didn't put in yourself.) Bring it back and ask for a new phone, not one that was "tried out" and returned. Has anyone else had the issue? I used to own phone stores, and if someone returned a phone during the free return period (2 weeks in the US), I'd do a factory reset immediately. (Any one of my employees who didn't would be asked to leave - on the spot.) Why? Because of the very problem you're having. It shows a very sloppy operation wherever you bought the phone.
    kct1975 likes this.
    10-02-2019 03:51 PM
    Nothing to do with the SIM card, it's a used phone. (A new phone wouldn't have any information in it that you didn't put in yourself.) Bring it back and ask for a new phone, not one that was "tried out" and returned. Has anyone else had the issue? I used to own phone stores, and if someone returned a phone during the free return period (2 weeks in the US), I'd do a factory reset immediately. (Any one of my employees who didn't would be asked to leave - on the spot.) Why? Because of the very problem you're having. It shows a very sloppy operation wherever you bought the phone.
    Even if it were used, though, this shouldn't happen if the phone was properly factory reset before it was returned, right? (That's why I asked the OP if they had to go through the whole Setup Wizard upon initial startup.)
    10-03-2019 12:35 PM
    Right. But if it's used, it could also mean that the battery was allowed to drain to 0 a few times, meaning a battery with 80% of the lifespan of a new battery - which is why I try to stay away from anything but a new phone. (Back in the day, when a battery cost $10, that wasn't much of a concern - My Note 3 is on its second one - but today it means $50-$100 minimum to have a battery replaced, and I'd rather not.)

(It could also mean an SoC that's been overheated a few times, shortening its life too.)
    10-03-2019 01:06 PM