Sim card missing after being returned from assurion.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I sent my phone into Asurion to have screen repaired and my SIM card is missing what do I have to do now

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Your carrier will likely be able to get you a new one.

For future reference, never assume you'll get everything back. The shipping instructions should've told you this, mentioning only sending the phone out and keep any SD/SIM cards, accessories, cables, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain they didn't just send you a refurbished phone? This is the main reason why you'd want to remove the SIM card -- there's no guarantee that they'll send you the same phone back, if they feel that they can't repair the phone. This is also why you would want to make sure your data is fully backed up or synced, since any phone they send back may very well be factory reset (if it's the same phone you sent).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone hands them out like candy - when I used to ask my TMO rep for "a few" (every phone comes with one, but sometimes someone breaks one), he'd come back with a pack of 100. No more. TMO usually charges $25. You can find them on eBay (TMO SIM cards - others won't work) for about $3-$4 shipped. Then you call TMO and give them the new card number and they'll reprovision the account.

(AT&T still seems to think the name of the game is "get rid of as many SIM cards as you can". The last time I had a problem, between the store in the front and the Device Support Center in the back, the phone must have gone through about 5 SIM cards [which can never be used again], before they told me that they were going to have to replace the phone. [Which they did, right there - and put yet another SIM into it.)

But for Asurion? Send them the phone. No case, no charger, no cable, no earphone, no SIM, no microUSB card, nothing. They strip everything out of the package before the phone goes into the shop. (Whether they steal it all or throw it all away, I can't say, but you're not the first one who's sent a phone with some accessory or other to Asurion, to report that it came back missing the accessory. And Asurion won't replace it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech