I have got XIaomi redmi go, 128GB memory card is added as internal storage.
    Otherwise, 64GB of space of the card is used for system in the setting menu .
    I have no idea whats that much volume is used for. It says 'System includes
    files used to run Android version 8.1.0)
    The device has 8GB of internal storage so It is hard to imagine something for the phone requires that amount.

I am bit worrying about something wrong is happening, maybe just thinking to much.
    Does anyone has any clue about this? Any help is much appreciated.
    10-04-2019 07:30 AM
    I have got XIaomi redmi go, 128GB memory card is added as internal storage.
    Otherwise, 64GB of space of the card is used for system in the setting menu .
    I have no idea whats that much volume is used for. It says 'System includes
    files used to run Android version 8.1.0)
    The device has 8GB of internal storage so It is hard to imagine something for the phone requires that amount.

I am bit worrying about something wrong is happening, maybe just thinking to much.
    Does anyone has any clue about this? Any help is much appreciated.
    If you have used 64 gigs of space on your SD card, it's probably not the os, but apps and data that you directed there.
    From the play store, download Data Size Explorer and see what is using your SD card space.
    Additionally, keep your apps on the internal storage, and only data such as video and pics to the SD card. Good luck
    Maasone likes this.
    10-04-2019 07:49 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Maasone likes this.
    10-04-2019 09:04 AM
    A card formatted as internal storage won't show as a card, it shows as internal storage. The entire card (depending on the manufacturer) might show" as being used by the system - it, it's being used by the system as internal storage, so you have no external storage available.

(Is it possible to have 60GB of Google System partitions? Not in 2019. Maybe by Android 50, or something.)
    Maasone likes this.
    10-04-2019 01:18 PM
    Hi methodman89, Thank you very much for your advice.
    I have tried Data Size Explorer mentioned in your comment.
    And then the app showed it as 'System data- 1.3GB', Free space is also about 60GB otherwise there no files or blocks n the app indicates that using 64Gb of Space. (Internal storage is indicated as 59.7GB [total space])
    Still that half of 128GB, space is missing.

The spec of my phone, Xiaomi Redmi go, is 8GB storage and 1GB RAM. It supposed to be compertible up to 128GB SD cards so its a mistery,,.
    10-10-2019 09:54 AM
    It is internal storage as I mentioned in y first comment.
    Setting shows it as in the photos attached to this comment
    Can Android system take 60 GB of storage space?-screenshot_20191010-225813.pngCan Android system take 60 GB of storage space?-screenshot_20191010-225821.pngCan Android system take 60 GB of storage space?-screenshot_20191010-230508_2.pngCan Android system take 60 GB of storage space?-screenshot_20191010-230436_2.png
    10-10-2019 09:55 AM
    I believe when your phone was set up half of your SD card was treated as internal memory and the rest is external. What is your external memory showing as?
    10-10-2019 09:59 AM
    I believe when your phone was set up half of your SD card was treated as internal memory and the rest is external. What is your external memory showing as?
    Hi Thank you for your response. I agree to your opinion. Otherwise, I still have to delete apps when I am installing new ones. Like I am able to download and keep 4-5 apps only.
    And external is not indicated, I had to choose use the Sd card as internal or portable (external) so.

I am not app user but it will be great if I can have few more practical apps.
    And my phone supposed to be able to take up to 128Gb and I was not asked for partition.
    10-11-2019 07:54 AM
    Hi Thank you for your response. I agree to your opinion. Otherwise, I still have to delete apps when I am installing new ones. Like I am able to download and keep 4-5 apps only.
    And external is not indicated, I had to choose use the Sd card as internal or portable (external) so.

I am not app user but it will be great if I can have few more practical apps.
    And my phone supposed to be able to take up to 128Gb and I was not asked for partition.
    You would probably benefit from doing a backup, remove the SD card, and reset the phone. You have but 1gig of ram and 8gig of internal storage. After setup, add the SD card as SD card storage and direct your data there, leaving only apps on the internal memory. Good luck
    10-11-2019 08:45 AM
    1. If the phone can take a 128GB card, it can take up to a 2TB card (which isn't made yet) - the format is the same from 64GB to 2TB, both on the card and in the connections.

2. To see where storage is actually allocated, see [Guide] Checking the ACTUAL storage space on an Android device. Linux knows more about what's happening than it shows to Android.
    10-11-2019 02:37 PM