How do I get to current screensaver on using off my phone I downloaded it and don't remember how

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone has been acting weird ever since kind of like a virus I think so I think that I think that's the problem

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no "screen saver", there's a lock screen and there's wallpaper. The screen turns off after a period of not being used - settable in Settings. That's the "screen saver".

If you downloaded something bad, install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and a good anti-virus app, and let them run.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You're post is a bit difficult due to the typos including the title, but Rukbat is correct there isn't usually a screen saver with Android unless you have a model that offers setting for use when the device is plugged in. I know HTC used to have this one called Day Dream, or something, and one that played a slide show from your photos.

For any truly pointed advice we would need to know what device you have?

Is this is actually a screen saver, a wallpaper or a live wallpaper?

It would help if you could include where you got it? I understand that you don't remember how you did it but perhaps you could at least say if it was something from a Google search, an app or something from an ad.

Where Rukbat and I part ways is the installation of malware and antivirus apps on Android. In my experience they cause more issue and detect more false positives than they do actually identifying an issue or helping you repair an issue, and usually in the end they ask for money because the basic version isn't able to do (blank), insert anything you want there because they just want your money. Typically issues on Android are caused by apps with too many permissions and are not truly viruses or malware. Here is where knowing what your device is actually doing would also help us offer advice. If it is opening web pages to advertisements, that's one problem. If you are getting pop-up ads or ads in your notification bar, that is something else. If your device is just running slow or being non-responsive, that is something else. Again we can't help if we don't know.

Please use mustang7757's link to register an account so that you may reply to this thread, and please do not create new posts as a form of reply. We look forward to your reply.