Is it possible to make your SD card the default storage as if it's the internal storage. If so what will automatically go to the sd card ie: photos, videos and downloads? And will the apps that can already be stored on my sd card still be able to be stored on the SD card?
    10-05-2019 06:46 AM
    Adoptable Storage is possible on some phones, yes; that is, an SD card can be formatted as internal storage for apps and other data. https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-05-2019 08:09 AM
    Adoptable Storage is possible on some phones, yes; that is, an SD card can be formatted as internal storage for apps and other data. https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    And while this is true, it isn't recommended because it can lead to premature corruption and data loss of the card and likely require a factory reset of the phone itself.
    Rukbat likes this.
    10-05-2019 02:44 PM
    And while this is true, it isn't recommended because it can lead to premature corruption and data loss of the card and likely require a factory reset of the phone itself.
    Indeed so, and for that reason some manufacturers do not allow the option. In my own single experience of Adoptable Storage, I have no choice if I wish to continue using a 4gb-storage Moto E, a phone I like for its small size and good performance. It works well enough to be worth doing, and has done for several months, but for how much longer I don't know. A small high-spec modern Android of sensible design and price would be the ideal answer for me, but there are none.
    10-05-2019 03:51 PM
    Android One. A bit more storage even in the cheaper ones.
    10-05-2019 05:33 PM
    Is it possible to make your SD card the default storage as if it's the internal storage. If so what will automatically go to the sd card ie: photos, videos and downloads? And will the apps that can already be stored on my sd card still be able to be stored on the SD card?
    tell what phone you have. without the info, any answers you get are just general ones that may or may not apply to your specific phone.
    10-05-2019 05:50 PM
    Android One. A bit more storage even in the cheaper ones.
    Too big for me alas; or, to be more precise, nothing like as enjoyable to use one-handed like small phones such as the Moto E.
    10-05-2019 06:03 PM