I've had an LG Android 8.1.0 (?) for over a year and just recently experienced this issue.

When I'm watching a video on the YouTube app and want to use the PiP mode, it continues to show and play the video, but the screen is frozen and I can't click anything or exit out.

I have to either restart my phone or go in the multi window thing and go i to landscape mode. When I do the 2nd option, the PiP window pops up in the corner like it should but it's still frozen and clicking on the app or window does nothing but stretch the window and distort it.

I've tried restarting my phone, clearing cache, and updating the app, but nothing has change.
    10-05-2019 09:15 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-05-2019 09:19 AM
    I've had an LG Android 8.1.0 (?) for over a year and just recently experienced this issue.

When I'm watching a video on the YouTube app and want to use the PiP mode, it continues to show and play the video, but the screen is frozen and I can't click anything or exit out.

I have to either restart my phone or go in the multi window thing and go into landscape mode. When I do the 2nd option, the PiP window pops up in the corner like it should but it's still frozen and clicking on the app or window does nothing but stretch the window and distort it.

I've tried restarting my phone, clearing cache, and updating the app, but nothing has change.
    10-05-2019 09:33 AM
    What model LG? One without much RAM may have a problem with PiP.
    10-05-2019 03:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which LG phone is it? Does this persist in Safe Mode?
    10-05-2019 03:56 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    10-05-2019 06:15 PM
    I have the same problem with my Moto G5S plus. I don't see why Ram would be the issue, when I have been using the feature since I received the phone. The PiP becomes frozen on the screen, and then locks the rest of the screen. The sound of the video continues to play, and stops when you lock the phone. When you put it back on the sound has stopped but the screen remains unchanged.
    10-10-2019 09:04 AM