[SOLVED] Google is requiring a lock screen - I don't need or want it!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It just shows how big Google has gotten - Google voice won't access my contacts for calling or messaging, What's App doesn't work, nor does youtube or google maps on my S9. Every time I try to use one of these I get the error:

"To access your work account on this device, you'll need to set a lock screen. This is your organization's mobile device policy."

Well, google, guess what? I AM the admin of this "organization" and I HAVE turned off the lock screen requirement.

So now what? And yes I have tried google help - it is useless ...

Thanks if you can help me with this annoying issue ...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Google is requiring a lock screen - I don't need or want it!

Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Some app is set with Administrator permission, and that's the "mobile device policy" that's requiring a lock screen. It's not Google, it could be something you set, or some rogue app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure how this is about how big Google's gotten. It really sounds like something to do with your work account's security policy, which is your IT department's responsibility. Are you saying you're the head of the IT department for your organization, or that you're an executive?

jleej

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site

Hmmm thanks...but Google account says I have security "issues" that need to be resolved - and refer specifically to lack of a lock screen. Also, phone is new and I have relatively few apps ... I suppose there could be something hidden...?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hmmm thanks...but Google account says I have security "issues" that need to be resolved - and refer specifically to lack of a lock screen. Also, phone is new and I have relatively few apps ... I suppose there could be something hidden...?
Welcome to the forums. As someone else already suggested, go to settings - security and see if anything is checked under Device Admin apps.

jleej

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site

Thanks for helping. There are 3 Device admin apps - One is checked, the Find My Device. There are two others and neither are checked - Google Pay and Tech Coach (yes, downloaded in an effort to fix this problem with no luck - they just said ask google (eye roll))

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for helping. There are 3 Device admin apps - One is checked, the Find My Device. There are two others and neither are checked - Google Pay and Tech Coach (yes, downloaded in an effort to fix this problem with no luck - they just said ask google (eye roll))
Just to be sure, do you see a work profile/account in settings - accounts?

jleej

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site

Settings/Accounts and Backup/Accounts/there is no work profile. There are 7 accounts listed that are primarily email and social media

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Settings/Accounts and Backup/Accounts/there is no work profile. There are 7 accounts listed that are primarily email and social media
Mmmm, strange. And what about settings - system - multiple users? Different users in there?

jleej

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site

I have General Management or System Updates, but neither has anything about users ... If I go to Google/google settings it won't let me log in and gives the same error message cited in original question. And it gets stuck there - only way to get out of it is go to home screen.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I have General Management or System Updates, but neither has anything about users ... If I go to Google/google settings it won't let me log in and gives the same error message cited in original question. And it gets stuck there - only way to get out of it is go to home screen.
You still can get in settings - accounts, right? There you can see the different Google accounts active in your phone. It's more than possible that your problem is related to just one of them. Are you using Gsuite for any account?