LG K40 screen keeps dimming within 30 seconds

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just got phone. How do I fix the dimming screen thing! My timeout screen is set for never

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Got a PM from new member @LarryHolbrook who was having trouble responding to this thread:

"I had the same problem - I disconnected the charging connection and it stopped 'auto-dimming' -

I have an AT&T LG K40"

Thanks, Larry!

LarryHolbrook

Oct 2, 2020
Visit site
Thanks B Diddy for posting that - I couldn't make the post myself -

More time went by and 'auto-dimming' returned -

I'm not certain that was 100% of the problem - I'm thinking somehow the condition of the battery or the battery charge may have something to do with the 'auto-dimming' -

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks B Diddy for posting that - I couldn't make the post myself -

More time went by and 'auto-dimming' returned -

I'm not certain that was 100% of the problem - I'm thinking somehow the condition of the battery or the battery charge may have something to do with the 'auto-dimming' -
Hi, welcome!

You use any extreme battery save modes ?

LarryHolbrook

Oct 2, 2020
Visit site
I really don't know much the AT&T LG K40 or phones in general - I just noticed that the 'auto-dimming' stopped when I removed the charger - it did return later and I can't remember how long the 'auto-dimming' stay stopped - at the minute, with the charger connected, it's not 'auto-dimming' right away in 5 seconds like it was -

My battery saver is off and the adaptive battery is on - there are a dozen or so battery saver exclusions which were set by the system which I can't change and two that I set, Alarm Clock Extreme & Contacts - but like I said the battery saver is off -

I was really hoping my comment might 'trigger' a thought by a phone expert that would actually figure out the problem -

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I really don't know much the AT&T LG K40 or phones in general - I just noticed that the 'auto-dimming' stopped when I removed the charger - it did return later and I can't remember how long the 'auto-dimming' stay stopped - at the minute, with the charger connected, it's not 'auto-dimming' right away in 5 seconds like it was -

My battery saver is off and the adaptive battery is on - there are a dozen or so battery saver exclusions which were set by the system which I can't change and two that I set, Alarm Clock Extreme & Contacts - but like I said the battery saver is off -

I was really hoping my comment might 'trigger' a thought by a phone expert that would actually figure out the problem -
You have developer option enable ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke