Unfortunately settings has stopped android

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy 5. I tried to view the ringtone to change it. In settings>sounds, when i click on ringtone i get ERROR message "unfortunately settings has stopped"
I do not use Google play store. It is disabled and I cleared the cache and did a force stop on "settings"
I restarted phone. It's still doing it. I cannot access ringtone.
Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Markvrb

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Samsung galaxy on 5
Ringtones in device storage not sdcard.
Don't know about safe mode. Have not wanted to go there if i didn't have to.
In settings >sounds under ringtone it states "unknown ringtone" . It should not. The ringtone is t-mobile default.
I didn't do any changes lately. I noticed when attempting to find out which ringtone i had set.
So confused with these
"_____ has stopped" errors.
What's causing this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Safe Mode is not harmful -- it just reboots and temporarily disables all 3rd party apps you installed. If the problem is due to one of these apps, the problem should go away in Safe Mode.

Markvrb

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Exactly the same thing in safe mode. When i tap on ringtone labled "unknown ringtone" like I'm going to change it, it freezes and the error occurs. No matter what I do, i cannot access ringer selection anymore in settings >sounds.
???

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Exactly the same thing in safe mode. When i tap on ringtone labled "unknown ringtone" like I'm going to change it, it freezes and the error occurs. No matter what I do, i cannot access ringer selection anymore in settings >sounds.
???
Try enabling play store and see if it works

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay