I'm using a Moto E6 smartphone which uses the Android 9 Pie OS and my Download Manager was downloading useless things for no apparent reason, so I looked on Google for a way to end this "weird behavior". It said to open Download Manager, clear the cache, then restart device. I did and Download Manager stopped working completely, so I went back to Google looking for a fix: open Download Manager, clear cache, force stop, restart device. I did all of that and Download Manager still isn't working. This phone is only about a month old. What can I do?
    10-09-2019 11:28 AM
    Can you uninstall the update in file manager? Long press and tap info then should be 3 dots to uninstall on top and try update again.
    I'm using a Moto E6 smartphone which uses the Android 9 Pie OS and my Download Manager was downloading useless things for no apparent reason, so I looked on Google for a way to end this "weird behavior". It said to open Download Manager, clear the cache, then restart device. I did and Download Manager stopped working completely, so I went back to Google looking for a fix: open Download Manager, clear cache, force stop, restart device. I did all of that and Download Manager still isn't working. This phone is only about a month old. What can I do?
    10-09-2019 11:35 AM
    It's not File Manager, it's Download Manager.
    10-09-2019 11:42 AM
    It's not File Manager, it's Download Manager.
    Oh ok well some have it together, but try uninstall the update to download manager if you can ?
    10-09-2019 11:44 AM
    I'm not sure how to do that. I opened Download Manager and it says I can either clear the cache or clear the memory from the entire app, so I left that alone. I also looked for Download Manager on the Play Store. Nothing. Am I overlooking something?
    10-09-2019 11:50 AM
    I'm not sure how to do that. I opened Download Manager and it says I can either clear the cache or clear the memory from the entire app, so I left that alone. I also looked for Download Manager on the Play Store. Nothing. Am I overlooking something?
    How do you know that it's not working, are you getting any kind of error message? Also, which kind of downloads made you suspicious?
    10-09-2019 11:52 AM
    Ok , might not have the option if you long press the download icon and tap info. You tried clearing data, cache, and force stop ? Do you have file manager I would clear that all also
    10-09-2019 11:54 AM
    I know it's not working because when I go to the Play Store to update one of my apps, it says download pending..., but it never starts downloading. This never happened until I started messing around with Download Manager.
    10-09-2019 12:01 PM
    I know it's not working because when I go to the Play Store to update one of my apps, it says download pending..., but it never starts downloading. This never happened until I started messing around with Download Manager.
    I see. Clearing cache, or even data, shouldn't cause this kind of problem. I would try this:

- Select Download Manager in settings - apps, force stop, storage and clear STORAGE.

- Select Play Store in settings apps, force stop, storage, clear CACHE.

- Restart the phone and see if the problem persists.
    10-09-2019 12:07 PM
    What kind of "useless things" were being downloaded before this problem started?
    10-09-2019 12:09 PM
    So next question for pending downloads is if it's happening on both wifi and data
    10-09-2019 12:49 PM
    I see. Clearing cache, or even data, shouldn't cause this kind of problem. I would try this:

- Select Download Manager in settings - apps, force stop, storage and clear STORAGE.

- Select Play Store in settings apps, force stop, storage, clear CACHE.

- Restart the phone and see if the problem persists.
    It WORKED!! Thank you very very very much! God bless!
    Javier P likes this.
    10-09-2019 03:18 PM
    What kind of "useless things" were being downloaded before this problem started?
    Photos that I previously downloaded from Google Images. Some of these photos would just be automatically downloaded by Download Manager, but the downloads always failed for some reason. Everything is working great now. Thanks again.
    10-09-2019 03:22 PM
    It WORKED!! Thank you very very very much! God bless!
    Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up. See you around the forums.
    10-09-2019 04:59 PM