I have a Samsung Note 10 Plus phone. I am unable to set up my email account for my small business. I am attempting to set up the account using imap and I'm selecting 'Other' for my account type since the email is coming from my business. The parameters I'm using to set up the account worked on my note 5 and work on my i-pad. What do I need to do to get my email working?
    10-09-2019 03:25 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-09-2019 03:32 PM
    You doing this through Samsung email app?
    10-09-2019 03:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you getting an error message?
    10-09-2019 03:37 PM
    First, if the account doesn't already exist on your email provider's server, set it up as a new account. If it exists, set it up as an existing account.

Second, if it exists, don't set it up manually - allow the email app to get the details from the server. If it's a new account, set it up as an IMAP account - if you want to use that account from various devices. If you're only going to use it from your phone, set it up as a POP3 account.

HOWEVER
    , if the account is on your business' server, and it's an Exchange Server account, let the email app get the information. You can't choose Exchange from an email app. (And if you choose anything else, including 'other', it won't work. Exchange servers don't use IMAP or POP3, they use MAPI. but can be set to use IMAP, POP3 or EAS. And, for outgoing mail, they don't have to use SMTP. It's all up to the server administrator. So just let the email app find out what protocol to use from the server, and set it up.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2019 02:26 PM