HI,I bought Samsung A50 recently.one month ago it fell on swimming pool.But I removed the water from the phone and its working.But the issue is when making phone calls sim get undetected.Even when making whats app calls sim get undetected and it shows insert sim prompt. If hands-fee is plugged in, this issue is not there. Using data and sending messages all works fine.Only when making calls without hands-free sim get undetected.I don't understand where is the issue.I tried factory reset and hard reset still the issue is there.
    10-10-2019 05:48 AM
    10-10-2019 08:42 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could try a different SIM card, but chances are it's a phone hardware issue caused by the water exposure.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Rukbat likes this.
    10-10-2019 11:44 AM
    The phone is not water resistant. Some water probably got into the phone, chlorine, when the water starts evaporating, forms hydrochloric acid, which starts to destroy various parts of the phone, and now the SIM port is ruined. Even if you had that replaced, other parts would start failing. It never pays to repair a water-damaged phone unless you washed it in alcohol a few times immediately after it got wet.

Bottom line - get another phone, and this time keep it out of the water. (There's no such thing as a waterproof phone any more.)
    10-10-2019 02:08 PM