I have a subscription url that works correctly in Google and Apple iPad but in Samsung calendar app the repeating Rrule seems to have bug. Google and Apple show byyearday=60 as Feb 29 in leap year and March 1 in non leap year. Samsung calendar does not. It is always either Feb 29 leap year only or March 1 every year depending on start date. Interval is set to 1.

I want to email this info to Samsung but don't know where to send it.
    10-11-2019 01:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You can start here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=BhcRB6wl

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    10-11-2019 01:17 PM
    Thank you for the Samsung link. I had a.ready tried it. They are optimized for solving issues with specific devices and .don't seem to work with general app issues. Tried calling live support and they suggested help link as well. Tried live chat and gave up. Thought I would try this forum in case someone could direct me to proper place.
    10-11-2019 03:00 PM
    Thank you for the Samsung link. I had a.ready tried it. They are optimized for solving issues with specific devices and .don't seem to work with general app issues. Tried calling live support and they suggested help link as well. Tried live chat and gave up. Thought I would try this forum in case someone could direct me to proper place.
    You can try Samsung member app
    10-11-2019 03:25 PM
    I would also suggest sending this as feedback, either in the calendar app's settings or in the system settings.
    10-11-2019 03:34 PM
    There's a choice in your situation - does a repeating February 29th event occur on February 28th or March 1st in non-leap years? There's no standard for that. Some people see it one way, some see it the other way. But either way is legitimate. So you can set a repeating event for either one and just ignore it on leap years. (I don't think Samsung is going to change the way they do it - there's no February 29th in a non-leap year, so it only repeats every 4th year, and it's up to you to decide which way ot works the other 3 years.)
    10-11-2019 03:55 PM
    Thank you all.

B.Diddy and Mustang7757 - Yes. I tried live chat one more time, this time using service request option and was forwarded to someone who really tried to help me. They have me standard phone numbers and also gave me the link to Samsung Member Support which will let me provide feedback.

Rukbat - You are right. But the ICS file feed is using a RRULE that specifies the DAY of year. In leap year, day 60 is Feb 29th. In non-leap years day 60 is Mar 1st. Google and Apple display the event on the proper day. But Samsung calendar does not. I believe a lot of people use the Samsung calendar, so that is why I'm working on this. BTW - To move the date to Feb 28th in non-leap years could be done by usig rrule specifying last day (-1) of February. The RRULE I am using is:
    RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYYEARDAY=60.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-11-2019 04:29 PM
    Signed up in Samsung member app and submitted feedback about Rrule issue. Thanks again for pointing me to it.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-11-2019 08:22 PM
    Signed up in Samsung member app and submitted feedback about Rrule issue. Thanks again for pointing me to it.
    Awesome
    10-11-2019 08:22 PM