Huawei P30pro. This just started about a week ago and I can't figure out how to make it stop without turning off text notifications entirely.
    When this first started, things seemed to have turned backwards. I wasn't getting text notifications UNLESS I had that person's conversation open on my phone. I don't know why this happened, but I did figure out how to get my text notifications back. I have not, however, figured out how to stop my phone from sending me a text alert noise while I am actively watching a text come in. I have never had a phone do this, and this phone did not do this until a week ago.
    It's weird and I don't like it, please help me. Thank you.
    10-12-2019 09:50 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-12-2019 09:55 AM
    Maybe try different message app? Textra, Google message are some
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    10-12-2019 10:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's funny -- most people that post about this issue want the messaging app to still give a notification even when the app is open to that conversation.

As long as you don't have important messages that you're saving, go to Settings>Apps, select the messaging app, and clear its cache and data. Now see if the setting has reset to the old way.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    10-12-2019 02:30 PM