Why is my HTC butterfly 3 rebooting at startup?

kboy2ng

Oct 13, 2019
Visit site
guys, i have this HTC Butterfly 3 with android Marshmallow on it that i have been using for some time now. Then suddenly, i started experiencing or seeing stuff like "HTC home sense has stopped working", " Google playstore has stopped working".

Then i did a factory reset, and all was well again. After like 3 months, just about 3 days from today, i experienced the same error messages again, then i reset the phone, after resetting the phone i had to download some apps again from playstore.

After downloading and installing xender and a calculator vault app, i started downloading whatsapp, but the internet speed was kinda slow. So i ejected the sim tray and changed the sim card to another network with 4G, in a space of about 1 minute the phone just went off and tried to restart again. It rebooted a couple of times and went off completely.

However, i noticed my battery was a bit low. I connected it to electricity, after a while, i used the volume down key and power button to do a hard reset, it came up and was booting, on the screen it says "Android is starting the apps" then the electricity was shutdown by the power supply company.

Later that night, i reconnected the phone to a power source, i tried to restart the process of hard reset, but the phone wont boot pass the HTC startup screen, it just keeps rebooting and rebooting until it goes off completely.

Any idea on what i should do?, cause am thinking maybe the android OS is missing some files due to the interruption. I dont guys, that why am here. Please i need ur help.

Thanks all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
guys, i have this HTC Butterfly 3 with android Marshmallow on it that i have been using for some time now. Then suddenly, i started experiencing or seeing stuff like "HTC home sense has stopped working", " Google playstore has stopped working".

Then i did a factory reset, and all was well again. After like 3 months, just about 3 days from today, i experienced the same error messages again, then i reset the phone, after resetting the phone i had to download some apps again from playstore.

After downloading and installing xender and a calculator vault app, i started downloading whatsapp, but the internet speed was kinda slow. So i ejected the sim tray and changed the sim card to another network with 4G, in a space of about 1 minute the phone just went off and tried to restart again. It rebooted a couple of times and went off completely.

However, i noticed my battery was a bit low. I connected it to electricity, after a while, i used the volume down key and power button to do a hard reset, it came up and was booting, on the screen it says "Android is starting the apps" then the electricity was shutdown by the power supply company.

Later that night, i reconnected the phone to a power source, i tried to restart the process of hard reset, but the phone wont boot pass the HTC startup screen, it just keeps rebooting and rebooting until it goes off completely.

Any idea on what i should do?, cause am thinking maybe the android OS is missing some files due to the interruption. I dont guys, that why am here. Please i need ur help.

Thanks all.
Hi,welcome!Have you tried safe mode ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If that (safe mode) doesn't work, you may have to wipe the phone - go to recovery mode* and from there select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.

1. Switch off your phone.
  2. Then, Press and Hold Volume Down + Power button for a while.
  3. Until you will see Android logo appears on the screen.
  4. Afterwards use the Volume Buttons to select option “Reboot to Bootloader” and press Power button to confirm.
  5. Then Select “Reboot to Recovery Mode” Option.

(After that, you might want to unlock the bootloader, so you won't have to wipe the phone if it ever happens again - you can just flash the boot.img file (you can get one from the file at https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767137631 )

kboy2ng

Oct 13, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for responding, i have tried all options above and it is still the same issue, the phone wont boot pass the HTC logo, it is doing a continuous booting or should i say looping over and over again without booting completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21