my samsung galaxy s5 wont connect to wifi

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

so my phone wont connect to public wifi. i tried connecting at the library, but you need to sign in and accept their terms and conditions. which i can do, but my browser won't bring up the page for that. so i read some of the issues that people had with that and captive portal isnt an option and i can't download a new browser without wifi. how can i get my phone to work?

ebonir

Oct 13, 2019
Visit site
the weird thing about this is that it used to connect to public wifi and now it all of a sudden doesn't. like ive connected to the library's wifi and downloaded apps and updated part of the phone but now it wont connect

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps and look for the CaptivePortalLogin app -- do you see it? Make sure you're looking at the All Apps list (or if there's an option to show system apps, make sure that's turned on).

Also, in any browser, when you connect to a public wi-fi network that requires a login, try going to any site like cnn.com, and see if that forces the login page to appear.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
but how would i download a different browser if i can't connect to wifi

samsung browser should already be on the phone. try going to another location that has wifi and see if you can connect. also did you talk to the librarian to see it they can help. if it is a system glitch for some, then they may already have a solution

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star