What’s the red light on the top of my LG Solo LTE phone and is it dangerous to look at and see, is it a powerful laser?
    10-14-2019 02:15 AM
    What’s the red light on the top of my LG Solo LTE phone and is it dangerous to look at and see, is it a powerful laser?
    Yes, it is. Turn it off right away.
    10-14-2019 02:48 AM
    Wait really? If you’re right I’m going to kill myself.
    10-14-2019 02:53 AM
    Wait really? If you’re right I’m going to kill myself.
    Don't worry, his sarcasm is a little over the top at times. Welcome to the forums!

As for this red light, could you give us more detail? I.e. Its exact location? Is it on all the time or only with specific actions? Can you take a photo of it and post here?

I can think of a few different possibilities, but one thing's certain, and that it isn't a powerful laser that will hurt you.
    10-14-2019 05:16 AM
    Don't worry, his sarcasm is a little over the top at times. Welcome to the forums!

As for this red light, could you give us more detail? I.e. Its exact location? Is it on all the time or only with specific actions? Can you take a photo of it and post here?

I can think of a few different possibilities, but one thing's certain, and that it isn't a powerful laser that will hurt you.
    It is between the front camera and earpiece. When the phone is charging it stays red.
    10-14-2019 05:26 AM
    It is between the front camera and earpiece. When the phone is charging it stays red.
    That's likely just an LED notification light. Red for charging, then turns off or maybe green when full. A number of phones have them and also use them to let you know if you have messages, emails, missed calls, etc, while the screen is off. Some are a single color, some can be variable colors based on the notification.
    10-14-2019 05:36 AM
    10-14-2019 06:32 AM
    It it were dangerous, I'd be dead. The Note 3 has a pretty large, bright one, and I used that daily for over 4 years. I actually regret that the Pixel 2 has such a tiny little LED that I almost never see it. There are apps that can set the led to different colors and flash patterns for each app, so you know what you're getting notified of at a glance. Very handy - but useless on the P2.
    10-14-2019 02:15 PM