Android Go Edition SD card says card must be formatted

fenpeppertree

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a low budget Packard Bell Android 8 Oreo tablet. This tablet has an Android Go Edition OS.

Whenever I put in an SD card with content like videos or anything at all, I get a message saying "Unsupported Samsung SD card". "This device doesn't support this Samsung SD card. Tap to set up in a supported format."

I don't see a way to include images here, but bottom line is I have to format the card.

This makes absolutely no sense. Isn't one of the main reasons for having an SD card slot to be able to watch videos already on a card?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the card was formatted in a Windows PC as an NTFS card, it has to be reformatted as exFAT. Windows can handle both, Android can't handle NTFS. (If it was formatted in a Mac or iPhone as HTFS, same problem.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You've tried more than one card, correct? Did you get both of those cards from the same seller? Can you try another non-Samsung card, preferably purchased from a physical store (i.e., not from a random seller on eBay)? Just wondering if the cards you have might be counterfeit or corrupt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12