Having an issue recently with receiving mms.

I have a Galaxy s9+ with 9.0 with AT&T

When I am on my home wifi Android messages will get stuck in "downloading" when someone with an iphone has sent me a photo. I have to turn off my wifi and tap the download icon again for it to come through.

I can send mms to the same iphone users no problem. I can send and receive mms from other androids while on my home wifi as well.

I cleared the cache on the messages app, nope. Reset my router, nope. Anyone have any suggestions?
    10-14-2019 12:43 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-14-2019 12:53 PM
    Make sure your number isn't in iMessage (if you've ever had an iPhone). If it is, either remove it or go to an Apple store and ask them to remove it for you.

Make sure that every one of your iPhone correspondents sends you at least 1 message with the SMS box checked.
    10-14-2019 01:50 PM
    On hold with apple about removing my number from imessage.
    10-14-2019 01:54 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Done. Thanks for the suggestion.
    10-14-2019 01:55 PM
    Make sure your number isn't in iMessage (if you've ever had an iPhone). If it is, either remove it or go to an Apple store and ask them to remove it for you.

Make sure that every one of your iPhone correspondents sends you at least 1 message with the SMS box checked.
    My phone number is not associated with an imessage or apple id
    10-14-2019 02:17 PM
    Then have the people sending you pictures make sure to check the SMS box in iMessage. If that still doesn't work, bring the phone to an AT&T store.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-2019 05:43 PM
    Does this also happen when someone with an Android phone sends you an MMS while you're connected to wi-fi?
    10-14-2019 05:51 PM
    Does this also happen when someone with an Android phone sends you an MMS while you're connected to wi-fi?
    Negative. And we determined its exclusive to my android device. The same iphone user sends and sms to my wifes s10 no problem. Still troubleshooting. Thanks everybody for the help so far.
    10-16-2019 05:24 PM
    I seem to have fixed the issue. I went into the boot menu on the phone and cleared the who phones cache. We'll see how long it lasts. Thanks for everybodys help!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-17-2019 12:07 PM