I have an LG 7, and I have been having this strange issue recently. It mostly happens in my apartment when connected to our wi-fi, so it may have something to do with that.

Google and everything else internet-centered on my phone will suddenly stop working, and it will say because my date and time are wrong. I go into my settings to check, and the date will then be showing as a date in 2000 (today it was February 28th, 2000), and and hour behind what it should be. I always have "set automatically" on, so I turn it off and turn it back on to temporarily fix the issue. This generally happens around five times a day and it only started recently.

I looked for help online, but the only similar examples were issues people were having with daylight savings time. My issue does seem to have that partly, but I have no idea why the date is being changed to February 2000. Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this?
    10-14-2019 07:58 PM
    Does this persist in Safe Mode? https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-14-2019 08:04 PM
    If it's set to automatic, it should be getting the date, time and timezone from the cell tower. It would take a really bad rogue app to be changing that. Do you have an "iffy" cellular connection at home?
    10-15-2019 03:23 PM
    I have an LG 7, and I have been having this strange issue recently. It mostly happens in my apartment when connected to our wi-fi, so it may have something to do with that.

Google and everything else internet-centered on my phone will suddenly stop working, and it will say because my date and time are wrong. I go into my settings to check, and the date will then be showing as a date in 2000 (today it was February 28th, 2000), and and hour behind what it should be. I always have "set automatically" on, so I turn it off and turn it back on to temporarily fix the issue. This generally happens around five times a day and it only started recently.

I looked for help online, but the only similar examples were issues people were having with daylight savings time. My issue does seem to have that partly, but I have no idea why the date is being changed to February 2000. Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this?
    Do you live close to two time zones?
    10-15-2019 06:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also, do you control your wi-fi, or is it a shared wi-fi network, like for a whole apartment building? If it's not your private network, then the network might be routing through a server in a different timezone. I've seen this before, where I connected to a wi-fi network at a local restaurant and noticed the system clock on my Pixelbook change to some different time zone (and if I do anything that automatically locates me, it thinks I'm in Kansas, not California).

This kind of thing can happen with VPNs as well.
    10-16-2019 02:37 AM