Samson S10 - screen lights up when on the phone, proximity sensor problem

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

S10 - samson wants to replace mother board to fix sensor problem, new phone 30 days old and they will not replace the phone. Screen lights up, and the next thing call is in mute, handsfree, or disconnected. I have had Samson products for over 10 years but this is my last, .... a basic phone feature and they will not even admit the issue

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you buy this SAMSUNG (not Samson) phone from? Directly from Samsung, or a carrier, or some 3rd party retailer?

The warranty should be pretty detailed and state exactly what they'll do for manufacturer defects. I don't believe it guarantees a brand new replacement.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In the US, most carriers (and network operators) allow a 15 day return policy, but the manufacturers don't. (Although Google replaces defective phones with new ones for a while longer than that.) I doubt that Samsung would completely replace an out-of-the-box defect if it could be fixed as easily as replacing the motherboard (the boards don't cost them that much).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781