This has been getting really annoying.

I select, say, 500 images/videos in one album and try to move or copy it to any other album in internal or external storage (both have 30gb and 400gb space left respectively) and it will only move a small portion of that. Try to move 30 things and the odds are in my favor that *maybe* one thing wont be left behind.

Select an entire album of 3000, 200 things will move. Select 200 and 57 will move. There's no telling how it works and it's extremely time consuming.

This has been ongoing for months now, did not have this problem before that. I've moved thousands of things around with ease before.

Have an s10+, full updated
    10-15-2019 09:27 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2019 09:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which app are you using to move the files? My Files or some other file manager app?

Be very careful about using the Move command, because if something goes wrong with the file operation, you might lose files altogether (since the source files will get deleted regardless of how successful the move was). Use Copy instead, and when you've confirmed a successful operation, go back and delete the source files.
    10-16-2019 01:02 AM
    … Diddy beat me.
    Penalty for not refreshing the screen before typing the same thing.
    10-16-2019 01:21 AM
    @B. Diddy

Using the standard gallery to move things, had to use a separate file app to move what i could
    10-17-2019 04:39 PM
    As a general rule, I try to avoid really large multi-file operations (i.e., copying or moving a large number of files anywhere), because I think that increases the risk of data errors. It certainly seems to be the case when transferring files via USB from or to a PC, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were the same risk when doing so within internal storage or between internal storage and an SD card. Sorry, I don't have any technical proof to back that up -- just my experience.
    10-17-2019 09:39 PM