I have a Motorola G6 android phone and have a question about contacts. I have 2 google accounts on the phone, I added one of my 2 accounts to one of my parents phone so it is picking up his contacts and putting them on my phone. When I open up the stock contacts app, it shows contacts for both accounts and I only want it to show contacts for one account. Now on the phone contacts app, I do not see any option to change what account it shows. If I go to contacts in the productivity folder, I can select which account I want but still shows both in the phone contacts app.

I have turned off sync for them. Short of removing the 2nd account from my phone, how do I get the contacts to just show contacts from my 1st google account?
    10-16-2019 10:04 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-16-2019 10:06 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154

Ty, I thought I was logged in when I posted that. But I am now. Idk if it is just me but I am having a hard time navigating this site.
    10-16-2019 10:18 AM
    You don't. You can add a group to one of the sets, but that adds it to the contacts at Google Contacts, so it's going to show on one or both phones. There's no "per account" display.
    10-16-2019 01:57 PM
    Ty, I thought I was logged in when I posted that. But I am now. Idk if it is just me but I am having a hard time navigating this site.
    Hi, welcome!
    How are you accessing the site, chrome?
    10-16-2019 02:02 PM
    I am using chrome but should have worded that differently, not really having trouble, more of not being used to the site layout, just a little different.

So it seems it is not possible to do what I am wanting to do without removing an account. So another question, once you have one or more google accounts on a phone, is it possible to make a new contact without saving it to the google account? Before I added a google account to my dad's phone, he already had several contacts and I am guessing those was stored on the phone itself. So what would happen to those contacts if that google account gets removed from his phone?
    10-16-2019 04:32 PM