YouTube app version 14.40.52 no more channel share...

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone! Something strange happened in the latest version of YouTube app on my phone. Before the newest version, I was able to share a channel. Google have remove this option in the latest version.

I have check with my friend if he had the same thing. Strangely, he have the latest version of YouTube but he can share a channel. I have check with my old phone and with the latest version, I have the option to share.

Could youtube modified YouTube app and remove the option to share a channel and sent that version to me?

Thank you!

P.S. I took screen shots so you guys can see exactly what I mean and check on your side.

WarrenCDuvall

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the fast reply mustang7757!

Yeah, I can share a video too, but if you go to any channel home page and press the three dots on the right for the option, there is no way to share the channel. I was able to do this before this version. My friend and my old phone still have this option with the same version I have...

Thank you!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the fast reply mustang7757!

Yeah, I can share a video too, but if you go to any channel home page and press the three dots on the right for the option, there is no way to share the channel. I was able to do this before this version. My friend and my old phone still have this option with the same version I have...

Thank you!
Ok let me check

WarrenCDuvall

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
Here is an other reason why I'm thinking that Google sent me a modified version of YouTube app in google play.

I was using a service that was converting any YouTube channel to a podcast.
podsync dot net

Podsync doesn't work anymore because Google is blocking their servers.

So I guess I was doing something illegal.....

I have saved my subscription password with Podsync with my google account and was using my phone with Chrome to log in on the website.

Then doing a share from any channel in the YouTube app to copy the link so that I con convert it to a podcast with Podsync.

So I guess that google know I'm doing this and decided to send me a modified version of YouTube app in google play...

So Unless someone prove me wrong on that, this is on the table...

Thanks!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Here is an other reason why I'm thinking that Google sent me a modified version of YouTube app in google play.

I was using a service that was converting any YouTube channel to a podcast.
Ui

Podsync doesn't work anymore because Google is blocking their servers.

So I guess I was doing something illegal.....

I have saved my subscription password with Podsync with my google account and was using my phone with Chrome to log in on the website.

Then doing a share from any channel in the YouTube app to copy the link so that I con convert it to a podcast with Podsync.

So I guess that google know I'm doing this and decided to send me a modified version of YouTube app in google play...

So Unless someone prove me wrong on that, this is on the table...

Thanks!!
Let me ask @Javier P

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad