Oreo 8.1 Message app- some emoji blank when sending/receiving + skin toned boxes when sending

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

LG Premier Pro - Oreo 8.1

Hot Beverage emoji shows as a blank bubble when I use it to text and for person on the other end. Also when texting a hand or thumbs up and the like, there are blank skin tone boxes next to it. (on both ends)

I am using the stock message app because really only use the phone for text/phone calls-and am not so familiar with changing/fixing stuff on phones OS.

Is there way to uninstall stock Message app and reinstall?

Hope I posted in right area this.

TracOne

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
thought I was sign in when I posted but wouldn't let me post screenshots.

also having lot of sign in issues since I joined over a month ago. Just had to create another account. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, did tried Textra and another app, really didn't like it, would just like to use what we're use to if possible

Here is what happens:android central TODAY.jpg

Attachments

• android 1.jpg
    android 1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 7

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
thought I was sign in when I posted but wouldn't let me post screenshots.

also having lot of sign in issues since I joined over a month ago. Just had to create another account. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, did tried Textra and another app, really didn't like it, would just like to use what we're use to if possible

Here is what happens:View attachment 311829
Welcome to the forums, again! :) Let me know if you still have problems accessing the forums. If you can't login use the guest account again and tag me with @Javier P so I can be notified.

Last edited:

TracOne

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, again! :) Let me know if you still have problems accessing the forums. If you can't login use the guest account again and tag me with @Javier P so I can be notified.

I’m not sure if I’m signed in - ( sorry don’t understand the tagging thing )

Hopefully I’m in. Will see. There is no option to post screenshots like before but it seems I was able to quote.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

TracOne

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
Yes you are. I noticed that you are using Android Central main app. Usually I recommend the AC Forums app, easier to navigate and with more options for the forums.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkacf.activity

I’m confused.on a Mac and iPad. Can’t use those apps from play store.
( prefer signing in in larger devices so I can see what I’m doing-
Is there another way to get into AC Forums? ( sorry it took me time to log in again)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I’m not sure if I’m signed in - ( sorry don’t understand the tagging thing )

Hopefully I’m in. Will see. There is no option to post screenshots like before but it seems I was able to quote.

I’m confused.on a Mac and iPad. Can’t use those apps from play store.
( prefer signing in in larger devices so I can see what I’m doing-
Is there another way to get into AC Forums? ( sorry it took me time to log in again)

Yeah a Mac doesn't have as many apps available as other apple devices do even on the new update OS called Catalina for Mac . I could not see any AC forums apps on the Macbook App store.
So the only way at this time may just be from whatever browser your using to view AC forums on you Mac

From what I see on a Mac the way I post Screen shots is when I am using the Safari browser is to, on my post to click on the Advance Tab, scroll down to see where it shows Manage Attachments and click on that. A window pops open at the top of that window click on add files . Then find you screen shot upload it and then post.

Someone else may know of another way that doesn't have as many steps . So there may be another way to do this

Edit: Is Tapatalk app available for the iPad ? If so you can use that to access Android Central

Last edited: